Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Fatal Error GDN_ThanksLog?

qbauerqbauer
edited April 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Got this on a shared server (on activation of the plugin):

The addon could not be enabled because it generated a fatal error:
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'where name = 'GDN_ThanksLog'' at line 1|Gdn_Database|Query|show table status where name = 'GDN_ThanksLog'

Worked perfectly on a development environment....

Wondering if I need to go into the database?

Comments

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2013

try enabling and disabling again.

• not sure if you did the following below:

• You can't just copy plugins and configs straight across, if the plugin writes to a new table or column it will always result in the error.

edit: I actually reread your message. it looks like you tried to enable it properly.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2013

Do you see the table in your phpmyadmin and look at structure

is it an ISAM table and does your host support ISAM and the primary keys set up correctly.

just a wild guess.

also try

show engines.

and try utility/update

and what version of vanilla are you using.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    qbauerqbauer
    edited April 2013

Vanilla is 2.0.18.8, fresh install.

I'm going to have to install phpmyadmin and check the tables. I'll follow your suggestions and get back to you. Thank you.