Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Disable Voting on a subforum

How can I disable the voting function in a forum?

Thanks for the support.

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Easiest way would be to hide it through CSS and/or jQuery. You could also add a category setting (which would require code modifications to the plugin). You could look at NillaBlog for an example of filtering output based on category.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• @hgtonight said:
    Easiest way would be to hide it through CSS and/or jQuery. You could also add a category setting (which would require code modifications to the plugin). You could look at NillaBlog for an example of filtering output based on category.

You mean deleting the voting button? That sounds hard.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

I am a little confused as to what you want.

Do you want anything voting related shown on disabled categories?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• @hgtonight said:
    I am a little confused as to what you want.

Do you want anything voting related shown on disabled categories?

I want to have a main forum where users can vote posts and a subforum where users can't vote posts.

• businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

@ericruiz said:
    I want to have a main forum where users can vote posts and a subforum where users can't vote posts.

Please see my answer to your other post.