HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Feedback for Plugin

vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
edited April 2013 in Feedback

I thank you very much for making this it works as promised. I just tested it on a 2.1 instalation which I had not hacked the core and it worked perfectly. Without the plugin my link back to mobile went to a blank page, with the plugin it displayed the mobile view.

:)

Tagged:

Comments

• AdrianAdrian Wandering Spirit Montreal MVP

I'm happy it worked ;)

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Saved me from having to hack the core !! Now I need to go and remove the hacks and add this to 6 other installs :0

It's always best to avoid hacking the core for this reason. It also opened my eyes to a couple more add-ons I have in mind. Might make sense to revisit my old wishlist. Believe it or not it's been a year -- lot has happened., but I'm back ;)

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/155582/

-A mobile plugin/theme for iphone

You need to see mobile theme switcher plugin by peregrine and also admin theme switcher. I made some themes for mobile too
    I think he beat you to several of those on the list you have but there is room for improvement specially all the broken plugins they need a new parent

edited April 2013

The list is way old (it's from last year)... I am a bit disappointed that the upgrade one never materialized, but i understand why. It would cause more heartache & pain. I think my coding has also gotten better to. Right now I am exploring some new functionality I need for my new forum, but I would be glad to look at orphaned plugins. Which ones did you have in mind? At the same time, I must admit I do have some old ones too. For the most part I believe they are still working, if not they I will take a second look :)

Yea I understand. It is sad people abandoned their work . But if the plugins are not saved they will get deleted or archived. I guess look through the oldest ones. The ones that look interesting and useful .

In order to make them work with 2.1 the &$Sender needs to be changed to $Sender. That is about all they need if any of yours have that.

We should all try to get this place filled with useful plugins that either need no maintenance or maintain them no?

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@vrijvlinder I really like the idea of them putting the addons in a git repository (not necessarily on github) that would let us fork with history. That way some one could update a plugin for 2.1 and just submit a pull request.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

Yes I have started to put mine in there I like the way it works, edit on my computer and just push the changes , very convenient and helps keep everything organized :)