HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Edit a user with no gender from the admin panel

lifeisfoolifeisfoo Zombie plugins finder ✭✭✭

Is not possible, because when you click "Save" this error message appears:

You must select a Gender M or F

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Tagged:

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Could I get more details about your environment?

I was testing this on 2.0.18.8 on a local host and was unable to get this issue showing up. Exact steps to recreate?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• lifeisfoolifeisfoo Zombie plugins finder ✭✭✭

I'm using 2.1.

Requirements: a user with no gender selected("u")

Steps:
    *from admin panel go to users page
    *change user role (or any field-I think)
    *save user

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator
    edited April 2013

I can edit a user with unspecified gender using the page user/edit/59 or /profile/edit/59 on a fresh install of 2.1b1 with imported content without issue or modification.

Looking at the plugin content, it only hooks into the user model on registration and on the entry controller. It did work as expected on user registration.

Sorry I couldn't reproduce it. :(

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

In my use case I tried to change the user role from "moderator" to "member".

Same error when from a user profile page I try to upload a profile photo for him (I'm admin).

You must select a Gender M or F