Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Search results include lots of line breaks

When I do a search on my forum (http://makegamessa.com/) each result includes lots of line breaks between each sentence i.e. if the original post had 2 line breaks the search results has 8!

How can I fix this?

Tagged:

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

What version of Vanilla are you running?

What plugins are you running?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• I'm running: Button Bar, Custom Pages, FileUpload, Flagging, NBBC, Split / Merge, and Thankful People.

I'm suspecting it's the NBBC that's affecting the results but it's approved by the Vanilla Forums staff so I doubt it's the culprit.

Try disabling each plugin on at a time and seeing if that corrects the issue.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• When I turn off the NBBC plugin the line breaks reduce from 8 to 4. Removing the rest of the plugins unfortunately didn't help it further.

Any suggestions on what I can do to correct this?

Hmmm... You appear to have found a bug in the Search model (GitHub issue #1083).

I will submit a patch.

Search first

• Ah thank you! Please let me know when I can get a new build.

@Fengol You can find my patch here. Please report any errors your run into.

Search first

• I applied the patch and I also removed the nl2br() function from applications/dashboard/views/search/results.php which gave me a lot nicer end result. Thanks so much for the help.

• Finally I used this post to add search word highlighting. Thanks for everyone's help!