HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Feedback!

hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Let me know what is good!

You can tell me if anything is bad too... :D

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

Comments

• SrggamerSrggamer HardCore Gamer ✭✭✭

Lost for words?

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    edited May 2013

@hgtonight

Nice one!

A while ago I made an Expand plugin so that elements in the Panel could collapse and expand. Sadly, your plugin and mine don't play nicely together.

I don't know how time-consuming or fiddly it would be, but if you could make it so that it was extendable to other Panel elements in your plugin it would be brilliant.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@Srggamer Thanks

@whu606 Thanks! I will download that plugin and experiment a little.

As far as extendability, do you mean other panel boxes? A little clarification would be helpful. :D

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

edited May 2013

@hgtonight.

First, please excuse the coding in my plugin.

I basically hacked it together from script from the Internet, and modifying existing plugins.

I'm sure there are more elegant and efficient ways to achieve what I ended up with!

By extendability I meant the possibility to add new modules which would react in the same way as your Categories do.

So, for example, in my plugin I have a Links menu that drops down, and a Table menu that shows an image when clicked, both called from module.php files.

If it's not either feasible or tempting no worries; I can always move the Categories module out of my plugin if I want to use them both.

• Fantastic plugin. I can think of some great uses for this, especially for aesthetic purposes of course. Code looks pretty clean. Well done!

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

@whu606 I thought long and hard about the conflict you are having. I decided that rather than one-offing a solution, I should create a re-usable plugin. Hope it works the way you wanted. :D

Search first

@hgtonight

Thanks so much.

I shall have a play with it tomorrow.

• The idea of this plugin is excellent, just what I need. It just doesn't... work. :(

I installed it and enabled it, but all it does is hide all categories altogether. Only "All Discussions" remain, without any arrow. Nothing expands. What should I check?

• Vanilla 2.0.18.8
    • Embed-Friendly theme
    edited May 2013

I have tested this working on a 2.0.18.8 install with Embed Friendly.

What other plugins do you have enabled?

If you don't mind sharing your category structure, please post that as well.

Search first

• Sure, here are my plugins:

• HtmLawed
    • embedvanilla
    • FileUpload
    • Emotify
    • SplitMerge
    • Signatures
    • VanillaAntiSpam
    • ShareThis
    • Flagging
    • Quotes
    • MobileDefaultRoute
    • Gravatar
    • Pockets
    • ButtonBar
    • AddMenuitem
    • jsconnect
    • Minify
    • AllViewed
    • AuthorTimeView
    • PageNavigator
    • WhosOnline
    • VanillaStats
    • OnlyRead

The structure is in a message. ;)

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2013

@tom762

try removing minify. (it may cause you more problems than you need).

also see if it works for you in an unembedded forum

if that doesn't solve it and you get no other answers that solve your issue - try hidepanel plugin http://vanillaforums.org/addon/hidepanel-plugin

edit: expandable works fine for me in a wordpress embedded forum with embed theme using
    my plugins OnlyRead, PageNavigator, AuthorTimeView,AddMenuitem, so you can probably rule those out.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2013

@tom762

You need to uncheck Display root categories as headings.

in categories option of your dashboard.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

@peregrine Much love for the debug. :D

@tom762 I have updated the plugin to work on Embed Friendly with Use Categories as Headings checked. Please download the new version (V 1.2) and let me know if this resolves your issue.

Search first

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2013

@peregrine Much love for the debug. :D

I'm a better debugger than a coder :).

"da bug" is my middle name.

• tom762tom762 New
    edited May 2013

@hgtonight Thanks, it works. :D

I still have checked root categories as headings.

However, I had to change the theme in the mean time. I'm just having a nightmare forum transition, so it's really calming to have responsive helpul folks here.