HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Simple CSS suggestion instead of using JS

edited May 2013 in Feedback

This is a really simple suggestion for warning messages.
Instead of using JS for closing the warning message better use

HTML code :<input type="checkbox" name="close" id="close"> with a <labe for="close"l>&times; </label>

CSS : input#close:checked ~ .message{display:none}

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

This is a cool idea. Wouldn't reloading the page reset the input, thereby showing the message again?

One advantage of using JS is that it can update the db, thereby not showing the message markup to that user ever again.

Welcome to the community!

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

Sorry I'm new user of Vanilla forums :3

I didn't know that actually when you close a message it would close it forever :S

Really sorry -_-"

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

No problem!

I like to post questions to get feedback. Being wrong comes with the territory. But it starts a conversation. :D

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

@kaizoku_kuma said:
    Sorry I'm new user of Vanilla forums :3

Vanilla forums 3 Omg i missed a whole release ;)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options

just rofl x)