Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

[Solved] Error 500 installing plugins or themes

DavidemoDavidemo New
edited May 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi, I just updated to 2.1b1
I don't know if it's a bug or something I did wrong.

First: Theme is only tablet but I'm on pc

But I have more important problems

When I try to install a new Theme or plugin I get this error in red

malformed header from script. Bad header=OK: index.php

Error 500

www.mortalitalia.it

Wed May 15 02:03:07 2013

Apache/2.2.24 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.24 OpenSSL/1.0.0d mod_fcgid/2.3.7 mod_auth_pgsql/2.0.3

Any suggestion?

Comments

• Options
    businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

I may be wrong, but I reckon it has something to do with mod_fcgid and its configuration. Out of curiosity, have you tried creating a simple php file with just a call to phpinfo() in it, and see if that works?

• Options
  • Options

I updated my php to php 5.4 and now I have this error
    http://www.mortalitalia.it/forums/

FATAL ERROR IN: Gdn_Database.Connection();

"An error occurred while attempting to connect to the database"
    SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory

LOCATION: /home/www/mortal.mmogitalia.com/forums/library/database/class.database.php

63:
    64: if ($Timeout)
    65: throw new Exception(ErrorMessage('Timeout while connecting to the database', $this->ClassName, 'Connection', $ex->getMessage()), 504);
    66:

67: trigger_error(ErrorMessage('An error occurred while attempting to connect to the database', $this->ClassName, 'Connection', $ex->getMessage()), E_USER_ERROR);

68: }
    69: }
    70:
    71: return $this->_Connection;

BACKTRACE:
    [/home/www/mortal.mmogitalia.com/forums/library/database/class.database.php] PHP::Gdn_ErrorHandler();
    [/home/www/mortal.mmogitalia.com/forums/library/database/class.database.php 67] PHP::trigger_error();
    [/home/www/mortal.mmogitalia.com/forums/library/database/class.database.php 289] Gdn_Database->Connection();
    [/home/www/mortal.mmogitalia.com/forums/library/database/class.sqldriver.php 1650] Gdn_Database->Query();
    [/home/www/mortal.mmogitalia.com/forums/library/database/class.sqldriver.php 927] Gdn_SQLDriver->Query();
    [/home/www/mortal.mmogitalia.com/forums/library/core/class.model.php 428] Gdn_SQLDriver->GetWhere();
    [/home/www/mortal.mmogitalia.com/forums/library/core/class.model.php 388] Gdn_Model->GetWhere();
    [/home/www/mortal.mmogitalia.com/forums/applications/dashboard/models/class.usermodel.php 1010] Gdn_Model->GetID();
    [/home/www/mortal.mmogitalia.com/forums/applications/dashboard/models/class.usermodel.php 1188] UserModel->GetID();
    [/home/www/mortal.mmogitalia.com/forums/library/core/class.session.php 325] UserModel->GetSession();
    [/home/www/mortal.mmogitalia.com/forums/library/core/class.auth.php 41] Gdn_Session->Start();
    [/home/www/mortal.mmogitalia.com/forums/bootstrap.php 206] Gdn_Auth->StartAuthenticator();
    [/home/www/mortal.mmogitalia.com/forums/index.php 33] PHP::require_once();

Vanilla 2.1 is compatible with what version?

• Options

Ok, I tried to make a new install.

So php 5.3 error 500 when trying to install a new template / plug-in and default template is tablet on desktop too.
    Php 5.4 SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory on installation too

• Options

Ok, on php 5.3 I resolver the tablet template. I think was a cache problem.
    But I still have the error 500

• Options
    edited May 2013

I think that Vanilla 2.x requires PHP 5.2. Considering how many different issues you are having, even with a brand new install, I still think it may be something related to Apache configuration. Do you have more details about the error in Apache log file?

• Options

I have these issues only with the beta 2.1, 2.0.x was going well. I have same issues with php 5.2.

I don't have complete access from apache log file but this is what I can get

[Wed May 15 08:11:17 2013] [error] [client 178.197.255.3] mod_fcgid: can't get data from http client

• Options

Checking with fierbug I get this error

"NetworkError: 500 Internal Server Error - http://www.mortalitalia.it/forums/dashboard/settings/testaddon/Theme/bittersweet/QZLCRGIXS5R3?DeliveryType=JSON"

• Options
    edited May 2013

@Davidemo said:
    Checking with fierbug I get this error

"NetworkError: 500 Internal Server Error - http://www.mortalitalia.it/forums/dashboard/settings/testaddon/Theme/bittersweet/QZLCRGIXS5R3?DeliveryType=JSON"

The above URL gives me an almost blank page, with just written "Success".

• Options

@Davidemo Have you solved the issue? If you did, it would interesting to know what was the cause, so it could help someone who might have the same problem.

• Options

Not ressolved. I installed back the 2.0.x versijon.
    I'm installing in another database / server the 2.1 version for further testing now

• Options

btw, I can disable / delete but not enable plugings

• Options

Have you tried replacing mod_fcgid with mod_fastcgi to check if that could be the issue? Perhaps Vanilla 2.1 sends something that fcgid doesn't like, for somewhat reason (in my experience, every Apache module is picky in a different way).

• Options

http://embersofcaerusitalia.it/forum/phpinfo.php
    fastcgi seems enabled. I don't think I can edit it I have a hosting here
    http://www.exclusivehosting.net/it/

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Have you tried this?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

Big big big big big big thanks. it's working =D

• Options

Now I have another problem
    http://embersofcaerusitalia.it/forum/

you see it all normal? I see the layout all strange O.O

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

I would open another issue, but try enabling a different theme and see if that fixes it.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

@hgtonight said:
    I would open another issue, but try enabling a different theme and see if that fixes it.

yeah, sorry for not opening a new discussion. I fixed this issue too deleting every folder except the config and reupload it again.