HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

This plugin is Fixed and works

Comments

• All right, I changed all that stuff. Maybe it will take in an hour or two. :p

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

good but you failed to change these lines fully to this in the css, remove the images part so it looks like this.

url(plugins/PlayMP3Links/metalborder.png) 105 105 105 105!important;

I still don't see the player, double check this part in the plugin default.php

oneBit = new OneBit("plugins/PlayMP3Links/1bit.swf");
        oneBit.ready(function() {
            oneBit.specify("playerSize", "25");
            oneBit.apply("a");
        });

• imijjimijj New
    edited May 2013

I realized that part about the images and just created an images folder and put the metalborder thing in there. Should I move it back and edit the css again to remove the images part?

And yeah, I just downloaded the file off the server and that part of the code is exactly the same as what you posted.

• I deleted that thread and made a new on just in case it wasn't updating for some reason: http://forum.elessdee.com/discussion/20/mp3

You did fine making an images folder that is the right thing to do. if you did that no need to change the paths in the css

however the one I pointed out is crucial to be right since that is the player. So something is missing. Maybe the cache as you say, but it should not be since I can see the other files, the only one missing is the 1bit.swf

ok let's try this instead and see if this will work since all else failed . In the default.php

oneBit = new OneBit("http://forum.elessdee.com/plugins/PlayMP3Links/1bit.swf");
        oneBit.ready(function() {
            oneBit.specify("playerSize", "25");
            oneBit.apply("a");
        });

• I'm completely stumped. I uploaded the contents of my playmp3links to my main site here: http://elessdee.com/PlayMP3Links/

ok then you need to move them to the right place then just erase those and start again maybe after some rest ?

• No, they are in the right place. I'm just saying those are copies of the files. I will try change it to what you said with the whole http link.

• Bah!

edited May 2013

@imijj

The problem is something is not loading properly. Did you try to change the links to the full url?

in the source it should look like this

< span class=" onebit_mp3" >
    < span id="oneBitInsert_1" >
    < embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://forum.elessdee.com/plugins/PlayMP3Links/1bit.swf" width="55" height="55" style="undefined" id="oneBitInsert_1" name="oneBitInsert_1" bgcolor="transparent" quality="high" wmode="transparent" flashvars="foreColor=#00ffcc&analytics=false&filename=http://elessdee.com/music/primitivedissimulation/eLeSsDee_-_$15.00.mp3" >< /span > < a rel="nofollow" href="http://elessdee.com/music/primitivedissimulation/eLeSsDee_-_$15.00.mp3" target="_blank">$15mp3< /a >< /span >

Notice the extra html code that is added. So something is not loading. I signed up to your forum to test the thing, waiting for approval.

try copying this code above but remove the spaces I put in between all the < > so they could show here, into the editor html side of the cleditor.

This will test if the paths above are working and should technically embed the whole thing manually. If the player shows, then the issue is the path to these files.

You will need to change the urls of the images with the whole url. The way it is, I think it is pointing to the files in your root and not forum.elessdee.com.

in your source I tested this part by inserting the html into firebug and that link sent me to the discussion not to the player:

embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="plugins/PlayMP3Links/1bit.swf"

try the above and let me know. By the way, I did this and embedded your player in my forum via the step above so the player is there, but you need to change the paths to the player to be correct.

this path is also correct since you also saved the plugin there

http://elessdee.com/PlayMP3Links/1bit.swf

if adding the full url to the player does not work for you, try this one without the plugins part, just remember that if you are going to use those files instead of the one in the plugins folder , that is where you would need to edit them not in the plugins. It really does not matter where you put them as long as you point to the right path.

src="PlayMP3Links/1bit.swf"

• Sorry, I was at work all day. I'll try what you suggested. I also approved your forum membership.

• OK, you win. I have no idea what is linked incorrectly though, I'm pretty sure I tried it every way you suggested.

@imijj Ok I made this with all the changes for your set up , please upload the whole folder into the plugins folder and overwrite what you have , see if this will work ok?

I tested your setup and embedded the player using your own files that are installed but you have the wrong path somewhere. please try this and if it does not work then it has to do with something else. maybe another plugin. maybe htaccess hard to say though.

• imijjimijj New
    edited May 2013

Yeah, when I said you win I meant that code you gave me worked. I made a thread with it.

I just uploaded that file though and it's still not working from what I can tell. Maybe it hasn't hit the server yet, though. I can only hope.

Thanks again, man.

BTW: What is htaccess?

edited May 2013

it is a file which redirects to urls it is in the folder of your installation , you likely also have one in your root . If you have problems, getting not found errors or silent not found errors it could have to do with bad setting of the htaccess file.
    I believe yours would look something like this, but I am not entirely sure.
    You should post here what yours looks like so we can find out if it need to be modified.

< IfModule mod_rewrite.c >
        RewriteEngine On
        RewriteBase /
        RewriteCond %{SERVER_NAME} !^forum\.elessdee\.com
        RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
        RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
        RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
    < /IfModule >

if you post code , use < pre > code here < /pre > tags so it is readable.

• imijjimijj New
    edited May 2013
    # Original
    # If you modify this file then change the above line to: # Modified
    < IfModule mod_rewrite.c >
       RewriteEngine On
       # Certain hosts may require the following line.
       # If vanilla is in a subfolder then you need to specify it after the /. 
       # (ex. You put Vanilla in /forum so change the next line to: RewriteBase /forum)
       # RewriteBase /
       RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
       RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
       RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php\?p=$1 [QSA,L]
    < /IfModule >

ok Thanks for posting that , because I am not sure how to do this exactly I will ask @x00 to look at this and maybe be kind enough to help sort this out.

He is an expert at this , I am a student and would be guessing and that would be wrong. So hopefully when he comes back he or someone else knowledgeable like @hgtonight will chip in.

Until then you should study the insides of the plugin there is not much to it, in the scripts there is nothing to change but the colors of the background and color of the button in the first lines of the 1bit.js the other there is nothing to change. The place where it all happens is in the default.php and it is only one line that is involved that has to be changed. The others like the images you can ignore those for now.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator
    edited May 2013

I would be happy to look into this after I get off work @vrijvlinder.

Is the latest version in your github? If not, I would really appreciate you pushing your changes. :-)

EDIT for some reason i thought this was about your galleries plugin. :-D I can still look into it.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Alright. I think I got this working generically on 2.1b1. I added some simple logic to the paths, moved some files around, updated the 1bit.js and .swf files, and added an icon.

Let me know if it doesn't work. :D

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.