HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

This plugin is Fixed and works

13»

Comments

• I just tried it again here after uploading your files: http://forum.elessdee.com/discussion/26/hello#Item_1

I don't get it because before vrij got it to work writing out the code himself, but it will never work if you just create a link and try to make the plugin do it.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@imijj This sounds like a hosting issue.

Also, @vrijvlinder is female. :D

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

just call me sir .... ?

It seems to not matter what logic to the folders you apply, they were always there. The js files show up in the web inspector what does not show up are the images and the player. I would copy the player and put it in all the folders see what happens? It can't hurt. So copy the 1bit.swf into every folder of the plugin. It should be found somewhere.

I have this installed in several forums 2.0 and 2.1 and works fine. Just had to adjust the paths for the installs . So it is about paths or something blocking the mp3 from being wrapped in the 1bit span.

since embedding the player by hand seems to work and calls the right files that means it is not a flash issue or js malfunction.
    There is something impeding the link from being wrapped in the span.

Maybe a setting in the config.php or another plugin , try to disable quotes, that also warps spans. I know mediator does not interfere I have it also.

The problem with finding the problem with this is that you can't see anything until it is acting.
    That is why embedding the player like I did can test to see where everything is and fix it. The way it is now we can only see the files. Please embed it again but with the new paths hg made.

• Pardon me, vrij. I will try embedding it again.

Also, is there some question I could ask my host to figure out if it's the server itself?

ok Thanks I have been studying the problem. here is a screenshot of the files which shows that the scripts and player are being called but the path to the player is wrong

this is a subdomain but it is in the root of the subdomain so the / before the file should not be there in my opinion

in the picture I removed it so it looks like I think it should be.This is how it is now

oneBit = new OneBit("/plugins/PlayMP3Links/design/1bit.swf");
        oneBit.ready(function() {
            oneBit.specify("playerSize", "12");
            oneBit.apply("a");
        });

This is what the url to the player that does show up looks like after embedded with correct url

< embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://forum.elessdee.com/plugins/PlayMP3Links/design/1bit.swf" width="55" height="55" style="undefined" name="oneBitInsert_1" bgcolor="transparent" wmode="transparent" flashvars="foreColor=#00ffcc&analytics=false&filename=http://elessdee.com/music/primitivedissimulation/eLeSsDee_-_off_with_his_head.mp3" >

So my theory is that somewhere in

oneBit = new OneBit("/plugins/PlayMP3Links/design/1bit.swf");

should be since that is where it is being pointed to being that / is where this is installed in . Like I did in the picture, at least for that link alone.

oneBit = new OneBit("plugins/PlayMP3Links/design/1bit.swf");

otherwise I think the url is looking like

http://forum.elessdee.com//plugins/PlayMP3Links/design/1bit.swf

But even with all this it still does not explain why it is not wrapping the link into the onebit span . Even if the player was not being called it would show a missing thing and report the missing resource. I am not seeing any missing resource.

Ask your host what they think could be wrong and to look at your htaccess file for vanilla. To instruct you how to properly set it up if there is a problem what could be wrong and where is the cgi error log. That could tell you something.

in short, the stuff works but not for you ... :(

something is not allowing it to get detected as an mp3 link and is not wrapping it in the span. It does not seem to be due to the scripts from this plugin .

mp3.png 196.1K
  • Thanks, I will see what I can do. It's kind of weird that this is the only plugin I've tried that has a problem, though.

• imijjimijj New
    edited May 2013

this is what he changed that section to in the updated files:

< script type="text/javascript" >
        oneBit = new OneBit("/'.$this->GetResource('design/1bit.swf', FALSE, FALSE).'");
        oneBit.ready(function() {
            oneBit.specify("playerSize", "12");
            oneBit.apply("a");
    });
    < /script >

Are you saying remove that / right after the "new OneBit(" part?

Yea I know it sucks but it is not useless, you can just embed the music the old fashion way. for now.... the player still works just number the players

span id="oneBitInsert_1 , span id="oneBitInsert_2 etc. Or else it does not work.

I was wondring what the benefit to using a flash player to play mp3 is ? maybe this can be made to just call the quicktime player like it does when you click the link...

• imijjimijj New
    edited May 2013

I just wanted to be able to click something in the thread as opposed to have to open a new page. It's not that big a deal. It's just getting on my nerves that it works for everyone else except me. =)

I'm on a pc, and I'd be just as happy if I could embed it using the little player that opens up in a new chrome window when you click an mp3 link.

I just posted a question my host's troubleshooting section, though, so maybe they will have an idea.

Are you saying remove that / right after the "new OneBit(" part?

well it does the same thing as

oneBit = new OneBit("plugins/PlayMP3Links/design/1bit.swf");

or

oneBit = new OneBit("http://forum.elessdee.com/plugins/PlayMP3Links/design/1bit.swf");

I don't think that is the problem since the player does appear when embedded by hand. So the files are where the url we used to embed is going.

What this plugin does is detect a link as an mp3 then it wraps some html , span class=" onebit_mp3

then another span which contains the player. span id="oneBitInsert_ then keeps track of the players and adds a number next to oneBitInsert_

this wraps the embed code for the flash player. it takes the url and inserts it into the embed code .

The problem here is that something is not being detected as an mp3 file or is not allowing the span to happen automatically . Which is the point of this plugin, to put in the embed code in for you.

Looking at the cgi error log could shed some light.

edited May 2013

'd be just as happy if I could embed it using the little player that opens up in a new chrome window when you click an mp3 link.

well if it does not already open in a new windows when you click the link,

you can add this script to your theme default.master.php here are some I use in my theme , the first makes all the links in discussions open in new window.
    since I don't want all the links like edit and delete to open new windows, I added one to keep them from doing so in .Meta a

also make some links open in new window but not others. Like the last child of the list but not the others.

< script type="text/javascript" > 

$(document).ready(function() {

$('.MessageList a').attr('target', '_blank');
    $(".AptAdImg a").attr("target", '_blank');
    $(".Attachment a").attr("target", '_blank');
    $(".Meta a").attr("target", '_self');
    $('#Menu ul li:last-child > a').attr("target", '_blank');
    });
    < /script >

• Ok, well I'll see what they say. I gave them the htaccess file and asked where I could find the error log.

• It already opens in a new window, at least for me. I just kind of want to be able to click it in the actual forum message.

edited May 2013

ok how about using something like this to embed it it makes a player right there.
    here is some more info on embedding

http://webdesignledger.com/tips/audio-and-video-with-html5

< embed source src="http://blueberryhillpersians.com/audio/01 Hound Dog.mp3" type="audio/mpeg" controls="1" autoplay="false" name="media" >< /embed >

• I tried both of those on my page and had some interesting results: http://forum.elessdee.com/discussion/29/-#Item_3

• This is what they said. I think I am out of luck:

your site didn't encounter any errors when
    processing requests. I did test out our sytem to make sure your logs were
    working correctly by renaming your .htaccess file (so that it wasn't
    working for your site) and went to a non-existent URL of your site. Since
    I disabled the .htaccess which redirects requests, it wrote to the
    error.log file with no issues:

[Mon May 20 09:03:26 2013] [error] [client 75.82.206.156] File does not
    exist: /home/buffsealy/forum.elessdee.com/blahblahblah

Unfortunately, this is a bit beyond the scope of what we're able to
    assist with since it's a 3rd party application and plugins. I would
    recommend disabling your .htaccess file temporarily to test it out. That
    may at least cause any problems to get logged to the error.log file.