Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Does the API let me create new discussions/threads programmatically?

Hi, I noticed vanilla has an API that lets you do some basic stuff.
http://vanillaforums.com/blog/api/
Is there a way you can use that API to create a new discussion/thread out of a form submission?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options

Also is there a way I can upload files from my mobile device?

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Any information on vanillaforums.com may only pertain to the hosted version of Vanilla. That API is not available to the open source version.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    prodanacprodanac New
    edited May 2013

Ok, but I need to know if the API lets me do that before I purchase the hosted version. Could you at least tell me that, please?
    This is the main feature I am looking for, this is why I'm here and I am willing to purchase it if it has an easy-to-use API that lets me create threads programatically.

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

This is the wrong forum to ask on. The regulars here don't use the hosted version.

I, personally, think you can. I would read through the API documentation. Particularly the discussion add end point.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff

I'll just leave this here and sneak away like a ninja: http://vanillaforums.org/addon/api-application

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• Options

Kasper's API will let you does this in its 0.0.6 dev form. I had to make a few changes to the code before it would run.

• Options

@John_ said:
    I had to make a few changes to the code before it would run.

And of course you gave Kasper a push / pull request on Github and informed him?

There was an error rendering this rich post.