HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

My suggestions

edited May 2013 in Feedback

Thanks a lot for this wonderful plugin.

Before I forget, I would like to list some of my suggestions.
Here are some suggestions:

1. Max Post count is 50. I hope it could be increased to any number we like.
  2. One-click delete button for all messages. Of course for admins only.
  3. Firebase security fix, as firebase won't work with the current security codes.
  4. List of total online users and guests under the input field.
  5. Click on a username to PM or View profile . I mean right click on the username will add "/w username" to the input field.
  6. Smileys? They will be welcomed by everyone happily :)

Once again thanks, please keep on developing this plugin!

Comments

• Options

Heya Sameer,
    and first of all you're welcome!
    1. is already implemented, just check the settings page (Number of messages to display (Default: 50))
    2. Great idea and shouldn't be too hard to implement
    3. The firebase security code in fact works fine on all of my forums, can anybody reproduce the failure?
    4. Van2Shout aims to be a shoutbox similar to the shoutbox used at autoit.de in their woltlab forum, and thus does not intend to display the users online (it would take far to much space anyway!)
    5. Pretty cool, I guess that'll be in the new version
    6. Let's delay that for later days, but I'll create an issue for it at github anyway

As this is just a free-time project and I can't even use it myself I won't promise anything, but I'll try ;)

• Options

why does this forum always remove my line-breaks?!

• Options

@caerostris said:

the nature of markdown.

sometimes you need to put 3 spaces after the line to ensure a line break. (at least that works for me.).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Markdown

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator
    edited May 2013

@caerostris said:

Standard Markdown parsing wraps single line breaks. Using two in will break it up into paragraphs.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

Thanks @caerostris , i found that max posts thing in the settings as you said lol. Dumb me.
    Looking forward to new updates. Take enough time no worries, as its a hobby project of yours :)

• Options

@sameernyaupane said:
    Thanks caerostris ,
    Looking forward to new updates. Take enough time no worries, as its a hobby project of yours :)

the quintessential response from an appreciative user. bravo!

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

@peregrine, lol thanks :)