Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Want To Hire Someone To Integrate Single-Sign On For Vanilla/Wordpress

edited September 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

The discussion title should pretty much lay out what I need done. I've gotten as far as installing the jsConnect and Proxyconnect plugins to my forum. I just need single sign on set up and I'm not technically savvy enough to do it, so I'll pay someone who can do it.

vanillaforums.org/page/singlesignon

wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-vanilla-connect/

Let me know if you can do it and I'm happy to set this up with you. Thanks.

Ben

Comments

• I'll second that emotion. I can't get Vanilla to embed and I'm at the point where I'm willing to throw a little cash down to someone who can. Integrating single-sign on would be an added bonus.

• Agreed. After f***ing around with it for about 2 weeks I finally was able to master Vanilla a few months ago… but if there are any really solid developers on here who can be on call to do a little tech support/fixit/development work on Vanilla every once in a while… I'd be willing to pay well. :)

• Well it took me four days to figure out the (ridiculously simple) fix for my problem, but I did it myself! Woohoo! Still interested in single sign on though- Maybe that'll be my next problem to tackle. If I figure it out I'll share what I learn!

• ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
    edited September 2012

I'm interested in helping you guys out with your Vanilla troubles. Take a look at my website to see how I've worked things out with my Vanilla installation.

There's a contact form under the about page link in the navigation bar on my website. Feel free to send me an email there with more information about anything you need help with, then I'll send you a quote and see what I can do from there.

@codymckibb: Please send me an email anytime if you need any help with Vanilla. I'll be glad to help you out!

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• Cool, I contacted you from your website, Shadowdare...

• @pacificfit said:
    Cool, I contacted you from your website, Shadowdare...

Thank you. I'll respond to you soon! Also, if you noticed any bugs on my website right now, I'm actually just updating WordPress.

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• @shadowdare It's been a little while, but I may be ready now. I noticed your website is gone though...

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

There are plenty of freelance developers on these forums. No guarantees they are taking new clients though: @lifeisfoo, @businessdad, @shadowdare, @aery, @ddumont, and of course @peregrine.

Sorry for the call to arms, devs!

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2013

deleted.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• it is @Shadowdare not @shadowdare. not sure if that makes a difference if he gets messaged.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

@Peregrine did this notify you?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• I see it mentioned in my notifications.

@HgTonIghT

I guess mixed case doesn't matter if you get this.

@pErEgRiNe It notified me. :D

Search first

• is it smart enough to notify you now.

@hgthismorning

• is it smart enough to notify you now. )

@hgthismorning

• @peregrine

WOW :D

grep is your friend.

• I got your notification @x00. They must have mentionimagerecognition plugin enabled.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited May 2013

mentionimagerecognition plugin enabled.

Is this available only on the hosted plan !? and can I get the name of the person next to the picture? and maybe the date the joined too ? But with the date next to the name and the picture under it? the phone number and ip address with a flag too would be nice , under the mentionimagerecognition image, a captcha would be nice too , don't want spam mentionimagerecognition notifications ;)

mentionimagerecognition longer than any german word=priceless

• sorry for the derail.