Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Wordpress Widget shows old content

Hi there. I successfully migrated a Wordpress- and a VanillaForum-installation to another server; everything looks good so far. Except one thing: the Wordpress widget (latest discussions) does not update its content anymore, it is "stuck" with the content from the old site... Any ideas on how to fix that? I disabled the widget and added it again...
Thanks! Goofy

Tagged:

Comments

• mega6382mega6382 Ultimate Programmer ✭✭

I don't think this question makes any sense on this forums. You should be posting it on the wordpress's forums.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2013

@gxxfy

do you mean rss feeds?

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@gxxfy Could you link to the wordpress plugin you use to display the Latest Discussions from Vanilla?

Welcome to the community!

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• x00x00 MVP
    edited May 2013

if you migrated you need to go through the same setup, for that plugin. it is pointing to the wrong address.

@mega6382 you are wrong in this case he is talking about a plugin related to Vanilla.

grep is your friend.

• mega6382mega6382 Ultimate Programmer ✭✭

@x00 yeah sorry!!!

• Hey, thanks!

I am using Todd Burry's wordpress plugin (1.1.14), which I actually cannot find anymore on http://vanillaforums.org/addons, weird.

The widget is located here ("Neues im Forum" on the right hand side): http://greencard-gewinner.ch

Hmm, it looks like the name server change did not yet fully propagate, maybe the plugin is pointing to the old hoster... Will check asap.

Thanks!

• x00x00 MVP
    edited May 2013

it is not a vanilla plugin it is in the wordpress repo.

grep is your friend.

• totally, sorry for the confusion. I double checked, the old site is down, so that can't cause the issue.