Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

"You've asked questions that now have answers." keeps popping up

mattmatt ✭✭
edited May 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

"You've asked questions that now have answers." keeps popping, on each page of http://vanillaforums.org

I can find no way of disabling it.

Any ideas?

Comments

• businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

AFAIK, the only way to disable it is going through the questions you have asked (i.e. the discussions started as a "Question") and select one of the answers as "Best Answer". The issue I'm having is that I cannot figure out how to select a best answer.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

That happened to me on an old question that no one answered then a spammer triggered that popup and I had to ask @hgtonight to please answer it so I could mark it answered.

It was very bothersome for sure. Why don't they notify that no answer has been given to those who need to answer ? because it's bothersome.... arg !!

• Ok, create a bug report for it on github. They shouldn't make it a jqyery popup but a static notification at top of page. When clicked show all your 'questions'

There was an error rendering this rich post.

when you click the notification it send you to your list of questions you have asked and have not been answered and not the discussion, then notifies you of every answer until you click accept.

The issue I'm having is that I cannot figure out how to select a best answer.

apparently you can mark best answers unlimited as long as they keep answering

• SubJunkSubJunk ✭✭

I've had the same thing for ages, I've just been ignoring it