Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

"Post Discussion" button is missing from the New Discussion page?

I dont know what I did but the "Post Discussion" button is missing from the New Discussion page.. Any help?

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

I am guessing you hid it inadvertently with CSS.

Inspect the form elements and make sure the button is still in the markup.

Welcome to the community!

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2013

@hgtonight said:

to fix this code change

hgtonight ∞ MVP

to

hgtonight ∞vanilla forums greeter MVP

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• @hgtonight said:
    I am guessing you hid it inadvertently with CSS.

Inspect the form elements and make sure the button is still in the markup.

Thank you! :)
    Where can I find that code in the css? Im not sure what I did wrong. Thanks

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

I recommend using a fresh theme and learning about it first before you start editing . Or keep track of what you do , otherwise it will get more complex and you will experience more problems.

Use Firebug a browser extension to help you figure out what is wrong. Please use it, take a screenshot of your source code and post it here.

• I switched it to a different theme and also overwrite the style.css with a fresh new one. It's not it.. I think it could be one of the plugins or I did some edit on some file Im not sure..

Dis you edit the style.css that is in applications/dashboard ? or did you edit a custom theme? If you edited the one in dashboard then that is where to look for what you did. The button is hidden maybe?

please post a link to your site

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

For more information on using the inspector:

http://24ways.org/2005/debugging-css-with-the-dom-inspector/

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

I think the problem might be tied to the Q&A plugin.

• @vrijvlinder said:
    I think the problem might be tied to the Q&A plugin.

I thought so too..but I disabled it. Its still not showing up..

I am not sure you disabled it, it is still on. I can't seem to be able to post. I think the save button is the post button. But it could also be the save draft button. I also noticed that even though I am logged in, the sign in link appears on the top.

If I try to sign it it tells me permission denied. Not sure if it's because I am logged in already. But there is no sign out link to be found.

That is the same style sheet you edited right? How come it does not look like the default theme?

You need to put the default style sheet back in there and save yours as a custom.css in the themes folder. You should never edit the default it will ruin it for every other theme.

After you replace the style sheet with the default style sheet. Then pick a theme from the addons that looks the most like what you want and install that theme.

Then you can edit that theme's custom.css

I can't think of anything other than the Q&A is buggy in your installation and disable all the plugins , all of them until you find the cause. It does not help to not do this .

Please follow this advice it will save you time and trouble now and in the future...

• Thank you for your advice! I will follow it! By the way, I think I fixed it. It was the Emoji Pro that's causing the problem. Weird.. because I didnt have any trouble with that plugin before until I installed a few new plugins including Q&A, Fileupload and Peregrine Badges today.

There is a post button but you need to press preview and a pop up opens to post, however can't post or it does not work. You should try to post yourself . First click preview.