HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Fresh install and Fileupload doesn't thumbnail and doesn't work at all on Firefox.

Hey guys,

I have just done a fresh install of VF on a new Windows 2008 R2 server 64bit virtual machine, using XAMMP for all the dependencies. The only plugins that I have installed are Fileupload and PlUpload. (PlUpload is currently disabled)

In my testing, with just the below plugins enabled, when using Firefox 16.0.1 on Windows 7 SP1 workstations on a company domain, clicking on the 'attach file' link and selecting a file, the file thumbnail is not visible nor is it insertable.

However if I repeat the same steps in IE10 or Chrome 27.0.1453.110 m, the upload progress bar displays for a reasonable amount of time and then displays what looks to be a broken thumbnail of the file.

From reading the other forum posts it would appear that this thumbnail issues is a permissions thing, but I would appreciate it if someone could spell out what is required to fix that as I have no idea on what they should be and its not mentioned in the posts that I have read.

I am not a total noob but I as starting to encounter the limits of some of my IT knowledge, I need some more detailed explanations of how to fix this than I have been able to find from searching through the other questions on here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

AC

Comments

• after having done a new install on my Synology NAS it would appear that there is something fruity with the XAMMP install because its working flawlessly on my NAS.

I have no idea what I am doing or what I have done wrong because I am a complete noob at this.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Thanks for posting back with your solution.

Welcome to the community!

Off-topic: I also have a Synology NAS and I love that little box!

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.