Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Show "Ask a Question" Page only if logged in

hi,

i use the integration with wordpress and like to place a button somewhere like "post a question" to the community and link to http://community.netigate.net/answers/post/discussion

unfortunately the user doenst get redirected to a login page or doenst see a window poping up telling that he as to log in first. where is the template of this page saved in the code? i would like to replace the content of it with a text like "you need to login to ask a question"

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Welcome to the community!

What version of Vanilla are you running?

Are you using the Q&A plugin?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

@hgtonight said:

Welcome to the community!

how come you didn't say that back in november 2012.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

hi. i am using Version 2.0.18.4 and the QA plugins.

• Options

i tried deleting the cache on the server but it didnt fix the problem. right now, people dont get to know that they have to login to create a new post

update: i also tried to re-activate the theme, but it didnt work either

• Options

hi. nice idea to look there. hmm.. unfortunately i cant find this option there (s image) !

• Options

now it works. so it must have been there. i check off "view" in the categories for "guests" and "members". thanks a lot.