Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Editing

I am testing 2.1b1 and I wonder about the Edit function.

On the one hand, I thought I have configured it with 1 hour, but I cannot find where :|

On the other hand, the one hour has more or less no effect, cause the Edit-button is latter on as well available. AND the main issue I see, is that the Edit-function works as well for other member/roles. I expected it will only work for ones own contributions and the Admin can edit all contributions.

Is that what I have observed something like Works as Designed or is there a way to adjust, so only users can edit their own entries (within the timeframe)?

Tagged:

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Welcome to the community!

The edit time limit determines how long after a post is created the author can make changes. It is accessed through the options flyout menu that appears on hover of a comment/discussion. It is sometimes represented with a gear icon.

The permissions Vanilla.Comments.Edit and Vanilla.Discussions.Edit enable users to edit other users comments/discussions.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Thx for clarification. I wasn't aware of that kind of difference in the word 'Edit' ;)

I thought, how could be more explicit and didn't find a specific word. But perhaps a ToolTip might help? Would be as well useful for 'Sink'. Just an idea.

• And, just for my reference lest I forget later , this "Edit for ... minutes" option is accessed via Forum>Advanced Setting in the Dashboard.....
    Hope this helps others too :-)