Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

is it possible to leave some parts of the "basic information" empty?

horia_mhoria_m New
edited April 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
the plugin forces me to give a birthdate and a relashionship status. Why? I would like to leave it up to each member what information it would like to show/enter about himself.

Comments

• I'd like to know as well. I know we can edit the plugin to add or remove fields, but I'd like to know how to make them optional.
  • Sorry guys, must have missed this when I updated the plugin.

To make fields optional, go to the bottom of default.php and find the "Setup" function. Below this is a list of the tables it creates in the database.

The TRUE and FALSE that you see determine whether that field is allowed to have an empty value or not. FALSE means that you have to enter the information.

Change the fields you want to be optional to TRUE.

I remember there being a reason that I created it this way, though, so I can't guarantee everything will continue working.

Birthday is a vital bit of information, and should be required in my opinion, that is why I added the functionality to hide the birthday from the public, though it should be alright to disable the requirement.
  • edited November 2011
    this solution not working for me.. i set fields TRUE but plugin not allow me to confirm information anyway
  • tried this, still doesn't work. what else do I need to change?

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@kitutal Welcome to the community!

Please start a new discussion detailing the issues you are having.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• @hgtonight

Welcome to the community! :)

good point

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• This has to do with the "Pick one" value not being recognized as valid by the form. I just tackled this issue myself, and posted the solution here: http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/17077/how-can-i-remove-relationship-status-and-change-college-text#Comment_187763

I hope it helps you!