Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Custom Comment CSS Based on User Role

edited July 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hello,

I am trying to do something similar to what is described in the post linked below and what is seen when a Vanilla staff person posts in the community forums here.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/8474/highlighting-admins-comments

Can anyone let me know how or where I need to look to edit the PHP to add a new class based on user role? Once that is done, I can handle the CSS myself, but need help with the PHP file location and editing. Thanks so much.

Griffin

Comments

• Perfect! Thanks so much @Tama!!

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

If you want to get rid of that markup at its source, you could comment out the first three functions in the plugin (DiscussionController_CommentInfo_Handler(), PostController_CommentInfo_Handler(), and _AttachTitle()).

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2013

deleted --- I see you guys had an easier solution.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.