HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Feedback

hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Anything going well?

Any features you want me to add?

Anything going wrong?

Talk about it here :)

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

Comments

• Great plugin. The only requests I can really think to add are:

an option to include a category, if your forum is structured that way

being able to choose no link for the "Latest Posts" h4

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@danmerhar thanks for the feedback!

Do you mean showing the category the discussion is posted in? Or as another link somewhere? I will look into allowing an unlinked header.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• For the category: the former. I managed to tweak the code to remove the link from the header, but I'm sure my solution isn't really that elegant. On line 73 in class.latestpostlist.module.php, removing 'link'.

@danmerhar In the meantime, you can modify class.latestpostlist.module.php line 74 from

echo Wrap(Anchor(T('Latest Posts'), $this->_Link), 'h4');

to

echo Wrap(T('Latest Posts'), 'h4');

will leave the title but remove the anchor method completely.

Search first

• Great plugin. It works as it shoud, but I do have a feature request.

I think it would be great if you could show only comments from specific categories in the panel.
    For example, our forum has a few categories consisting of classified ads. We would need only those categories to be shown. Is there perhaps some workaround to have it work that way?

Thanks. :)

@danmerhar I updated the code to 1.5.2. In this version, blanking the link setting will remove to anchor as well.

@tom762 This suggestion is a bit beyond what I want to release (I couldn't think of a good way to do the settings page). However, it is pretty trivial mod:

In class.latestpostlistmodule.php replace line 27 with the following.

$this->_LatestPosts = $DiscussionModel->Get(0, $Limit, array('Announce' => 'all', 'CategoryID' => array(24, 26) ) );

Add as many category IDs as you want (where 24 and 26 are).

Search first

• tom762tom762 New
    edited July 2013

@hgtonight

Great! That's just what I need! Thanks a lot. :D

There is one more question however... I noticed that all discussions titles in the panel which are too long for one line are aligned right. Short ones are aligned left. Any idea?

This is a CSS issue. I won't update the plugin until I have time to test it proper, but you should be able to add these rules to your custom.css file:

#LatestPostList li {
      text-align: left;
    }

#LatestPostList li a {
      float: none;
    }

Also, feel free to click on awesome or insightful if you find anyone's post helpful.

Search first

• Super responsive support. That does it. :D

You'll probably shoot me if I suggest you add the yellow "new comment" marks in this panel, same as in "bookmarked discussions" panel, for example.

@tom762 Good news! Any new content discussions already have a class flagged on them. For example:

/* This will color the entire discussion item */
    #LPLUl li.New {
      background-color: yellow;
    }

/* This will color just the post date */
    #LPLUl li.New .PostDate {
      background-color: red;
    }

/* This will color just the post title */
    #LPLUl li.New .PostTitle {
      background-color: green;
    }

/* This will color just the post author */
    #LPLUl li.New .PostAuthor {
      background-color: blue;
    }

/* This will color the entire meta div */
    #LPLUl li.New div {
      background-color: orange;
    }

Pick the declaration(s) you want to keep and change the colors or add CSS rules to meet your needs.

This won't add a "x new" chip to the markup, but will still provide you with the flexibility to change the style.

Search first

• Excellent, this is really helpful! :D

• One question though...

This seems to work a bit strange? It works ok on my wamp server, but only when I'm logged in forum. When I'm not, formatting disappears. On my live server it doesn't work at all.

• aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭

Use firebug and see if stylesheets are getting attached or rules are getting over ridden

There was an error rendering this rich post.

@tom762 said:
    One question though...

This seems to work a bit strange? It works ok on my wamp server, but only when I'm logged in forum. When I'm not, formatting disappears. On my live server it doesn't work at all.

If you aren't logged in, what would you use as a reference to determine there are new posts? You have to be logged in to be able to determine if you have read the threads.

Search first

• Now I understand. Latest unread post list. correct?

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Bang... what was I thinking?
    @hgtonight Of course, everything works as expected. My case solved, thanks. :)

@peregrine: Correct.

• Hello,
    i cannot activate the plugin on vanilla 2.0.18.!
    what i can i do- thx!

@Dragstar What error comes up?

Are you able to enable any other Plugins?

What other Plugins are enabled?

Search first

• it was a problem with uploading the plugins to the ftp-folder!
    thx it works now :)

• kopnakopna Coimbra Portugal ☯
    edited March 2016

It seems that the plugin works is not entirely correct. For example, i want to select a different animation. I click on the "save" button - get a blank web page? The settings do not take effect. Thank you.

Correction - it is impossible to completely change all the settings :(