Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

cant Enable open id allow_url_fopen php.ini setting error

I was enabling plugins i enabled them all or atleast i thought i did before i stasrted going through the settings, facebook and twitter are enabled and working fine, however openid, and google sign in keep giving me errors, how can i fix this? is it even possible to fix?

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Welcome to the community!

What version of Vanilla are you running?

Could you also post the versions of the OpenID and Google Sign in plugins?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• i downloaded it today so i think its the latest i will check and get back to you the plugins were already there bundled with the forum when i installed it i will check and get bk to you with more info :)

Thankyou

• openid is version 0.1a and the google plugin is 1.0 and the forum is 2.0.18.8

• allow_url_fopen

ask your host to change php settings if you are not allowing to change them.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• what do i need to ask them to change the settings to? sorry im a bit clueless with this. thankyou all for you help its muchly appreciated i had given up but it would be really nice if i could offer sign up through gogle and open id aswell

• give them the error you are receiving - they will know what to do and ask them to either fix php setting or allow you to change it. (one would hope they would understand)

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• ok cool, its let me do everything else, i had phpbb forum on there before, it doesnt use a separate database does it as i only have one with my hosting and thats used with the forum? I will email them now :)