Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Top admin checkbox for mass edit not working

edited July 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

When using the Ozone theme and checking the topmost box to mass edit discussions, it does not check all the boxes below it like it should. However, it works when inside discussions and one needs to mass edit comments.

I've attached an image to further describe this behavior.

Any help?

I'm using 2.0.18.8 on Firefox 22. I've checked a bunch of other themes to see if this problem occurs and it doesn't, just the Ozone theme.

And no, I am NOT using the Split and Merge plugin.

Best Answer

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator
    Answer ✓

There is the rub. The AdminCheck span should be inside that div for the default JS to work.

You can either modify the theme or modify the JS.

I suggest modifying the theme override. Is this a premium (paid for) theme?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

Answers

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2013

have you contacted the author. what option give you mass edit in the first place.

since you didn't post your question under the parrticular theme in the add-on section.

i don't think the theme is free, probably only people who purchased the theme could help you. and to paraphrase you said "the problem only occurs in that theme".

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

Sorry, I've mailed the author and he hasn't responded yet so I thought I'd try my luck in the official community. I don't know what option puts those checkboxes there, it gives me the option to delete what I check at least.

• Options

I think checkboxes from

$Configuration['Vanilla']['AdminCheckboxes']['Use'] = '1';

name all the files in the ozone theme
    don't post the code , just the names of the files in the folder.

It could be something in views, or some functions that override but not updated to most recent version.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited July 2013

Yea the theme is not in the addons here so we have no way of testing it :(

• Options

is there a helper-functions in the theme

• Options

Guys,
    It's purely javascript, jquery not working in that particular theme. If we take away the 'ozone' part, what would we recommend with Firefox?

2 Things : Firebug and to see if we can log in as an admin to check for ourselves.

I Recommend v-doc, since the rest will be CSS and jquery related.

I Would love to see what FireBug says after you click the 'check all' checkbox.

And of course : any url to a live site. Don't post admin info, either v-doc or anyone will contact you

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options

@UnderDog The current J-Query sourcecode for this theme is jQuery JavaScript Library v1.6.2. I am guessing that's out of date.

Firebug did not throw me an error message in the console when I clicked the checkall box.

• Options

This is speculation, but at least it is informed speculation. The jQuery selector isn't valid for this theme's markup.

Open the page it isn't working on, view the page source, search for "AdminCheck".

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

@hgtonight I found AdminCheck for the checkall box. I don't think it will hurt to post about 4 lines of html that anybody can grab from anyone using this theme:

<span class="AdminCheck">
    <input type="checkbox" name="Toggle" />
    </span>

"AdminCheck" is also on the individual lists in the discussion list.

<span class="AdminCheck"><input type="checkbox" name="DiscussionID[]" value="1" /></span>

• Options

In the source view on the page that doesn't work, is discussions.js found anywhere?

Search first

• Options

@hgtonight Yes, it's there.

<script src="/vanilla/applications/vanilla/js/discussions.js?v=2.0.18.8" type="text/javascript"></script>

• Options
    edited July 2013

Is there an element with DiscussionsTabs as a class?

Search first

• Options

@hgtonight Yes just one.

<a href="/vanilla/post/discussion" class="BigButton NewDiscussion">Start a Discussion</a><div class="Tabs DiscussionsTabs">

• Options

Could you post the entire contents of the DiscussionsTabs div?

You are positive that there are no loading errors or javascript errors?

Search first

• Options

@hgtonight Nope, no errors, except for css ones because the author used browser-specific code.

Here's the contents:

<div class="Tabs DiscussionsTabs">
    <ul>
    <li class="Active"><a href="/vanilla/discussions">All Discussions</a></li>

<li><a href="/vanilla/discussions/bookmarked" class="MyBookmarks">My Bookmarks<span>1</span></a></li>
     <li><a href="/vanilla/discussions/mine" class="MyDiscussions">My Discussions<span>3</span></a></li>
     <li><a href="/vanilla/drafts" class="MyDrafts">My Drafts<span>1</span></a></li>
     </ul>
     </div>

AdminCheck is just after the div.

• Options
    Answer ✓

There is the rub. The AdminCheck span should be inside that div for the default JS to work.

You can either modify the theme or modify the JS.

I suggest modifying the theme override. Is this a premium (paid for) theme?

Search first

• Options

Yes it is a premium theme, I forwarded this discussion to the author in an email so hopefully he will make the changes. I am going to do it myself right now to see if it works.

• Options

@hgtonight Ha! It worked! Thank you so much!