HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Questions or Issues for VFonts

vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Please post your feedback for this plugin here, thanks for trying it.

It basically just changes then font face for the forum.

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

A few notes:

1. Does the license on these fonts permit redistribution?
    2. I like that you include a different style sheet for mobile
    3. Your first if statement will always evaluate to true
    4. The first clause in your second if statement will also always evaluate to true
    5. I like the icon
    6. If it is mobile, both stylesheets will be added

The reason 3 and 4 always evaluate to true is because it checks the return of the assignment operation. You can var_dump($Controller); before and after that if statement to make it more clear.

Suggestion to solve 3, 4, and 6:

public function Base_Render_Before($Sender) {
      if($Sender->MasterView != 'admin') {
        // Only add the style sheet on the frontend
        if(IsMobile()) {
          $Sender->AddCssFile('plugins/VFonts/vfm.css');
        }
        else {
          $Sender->AddCssFile('plugins/VFonts/vf.css');
        }
      }
    }

I understand if you want to keep it controller based, in which case you should use InArrayI($Controller, $ArrayOfControllers) as your check. Also add 'discussionscontroller' and 'postcontroller' to your list.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited July 2013

Does the license on these fonts permit redistribution?

These fonts are free and redistributable, I added only a couple as example, but people need to add their own.
    http://www.acidfonts.com

I like that you include a different style sheet for mobile

Your first if statement will always evaluate to true
    The first clause in your second if statement will also always evaluate to true,

I was not aware of that , the mobile style sheet did not show as being called on the web inspector.
    It really does not matter if both are called, they contain the same info. I just wanted to be certain they did get called :)

I like the icon

thanks it is a rip of an existing free icon, I made this plugin late last night and was too tired to make a totally origin one. :(

If it is mobile, both stylesheets will be added

Oh ? did not check that however like I said, the mobile and the full contain the exact same info, until I find other potential things in the mobile theme that I did not include in the list. Good to know that at least it is being called no?

Suggestion to solve 3, 4, and 6:

Excellent !! I will work on it asap, I will be traveling tomorrow so today I have a bunch of things to get ready. Hope by monday something will have been done :)

I understand if you want to keep it controller based, in which case you should use InArrayI($Controller, $ArrayOfControllers) as your check. Also add 'discussionscontroller' and 'postcontroller' to your list.

Well it is not a requirement , but I thought what if they may not want font change on something so they can eliminate that controller from the array.

Based on what you pointed out I am wondering how it even works at all lol !!

Also add 'discussionscontroller' and 'postcontroller' to your list.

I knew I was missing a couple !! thanks :)

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited July 2013

@hgtonight,

I have updated the plugin with your suggestion and removed the controller array which may prove unnecessary unless they want some other font on another page, which is rare no? If they want that I suppose they can ask for it and look here for the mod. This plugin was meant as a simple way to switch fonts so no need for extra baggage....

Thanks again for the help !!

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

The regulars here, yourself included, have really helped me step up my game. I am always happy to help appreciative people! :D

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2013

@hgtonight said:
    The regulars here, yourself included, have really helped me step up my game. I am always happy to help appreciative people! :D

It has improved my game as well - Dodgeball. i feel i can dodge anything now!

But when it comes to futbol and basketball - I see absolutely no improvement in my game. still no one chooses me for their team in pickup games.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Ok maybe I'm being thick, but when I download this to a mac, the zip file doesn't open... your last zip 'marquee' plugin unzipped fine just seconds before I found this plugin ?

• Ok maybe I'm being thick, but when I download this to a mac, the zip file

check the file size of the file you downloaded vs. the files size indicated in the description.

if they don't match you may have an incomplete file and need to re-download.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.