Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Newbie Help Fatal error: Class 'PasswordHash' not found i

Hi guys, just installed Vanilla and went through the setup page but once I put in all the details it comes up with this error
Fatal error: Class 'PasswordHash' not found in /home2/huonvall/public_html/vanilla/library/core/class.passwordhash.php on line 31
I'm not a programmer but I have followed the vanilla instructions but am not getting into the vanilla screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated....
Thanks

Comments

• I have slight progress but would still prefer an answer to both questions... I have it installed (this time I used a mac) but now at the vanilla admin page I get this error all over the place.
    Mac OS X 2��ATTR;�����G�Gcom.apple.quarantine0001;51f88a1e;Google\x20Chrome.app;3EA33D3B-5EA9-452F-A866-707F2F8B2311This resource fork intentionally left blank ��
    Please help!

• This first one is likely to do with not having a full copy of the core, I would try and download it again, and replace the files.

The second is no to do with vanilla it a mac specific problem. I would google for it.

https://www.google.com/search?q=This+resource+fork+intentionally+left+blank

You might have to delete files starting with ._ (turn on hidden files first).

grep is your friend.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Welcome to the community!

What version of Vanilla are you running?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Hey thanks-Yes I have been searching high and low for an answer and it seems it is a mac related issue...borrowed my sis windows laptop and it worked first go. I am using latest version of Vanilla. Finally I can get on with the good stuff-thanks for your help, I appreciate it. Hopefully someone else won't have to waste as much time as me now once they read this...