Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Integration With Wordpress Not Working

So this is what I've done so far.
1. I set up my wordpress site @ stuffedfalcon.com
2. I set up vanilla forums @ stuffedfalcon.com/forums
3. Enabled the plugin in vanilla
4. Installed the wordpress plugin and pointed it towards http://stuffedfalcon.com/forums (Validated successfully)
5. Added the embed code from the plugin to the wordpress page stuffedfalcon.com/community (Nothing showed up)
6. Tried the remote embed code from the vanilla plugin (Nothing showed up in wordpress again)
7. Tried to put the remote embed code in a .html document and ran it in chrome and IE (Worked perfectly)

Why does it seem to work where it shouldn't and not where it should. Is there something wrong with my wordpress setup? I would really appreciate any help you may have for me. Thanks a bunch!

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator
    edited July 2013

What version of Vanilla are you running?

Which WP plugin did you use?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Running version 2.0.18.8 and I am using the Vanilla Forums plugin.

• Bump. I hope that's okay since it's been like 36hrs.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Plenty fine, I haven't embedded a forum in WP for a few years now, otherwise I would try to help.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• It's probably a WP problem because it doesn't let you put JavaScript in the page editor. Try putting the code into the HTML editor and not the visual editor. Search up ways on how to put in JavaScript codes on a page in WP.

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2013

check out wp-exec-php. I've used it a number of times and it works fine, if you follow the documentation. You just invert the open and closing php tags all through the code.
    And you have to pay particular to understanding relative and absolute retrieving of css and js files and images and from which directoriy paths they will be looking for those files.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• There is a unofficial plugin that works with jsconnect. Search Vanilla Forums in WordPress.org and use the one with 5 star (not by Vanilla Forums).

• @Maxthon said:
    There is a unofficial plugin that works with jsconnect. Search Vanilla Forums in WordPress.org and use the one with 5 star (not by Vanilla Forums).

I use that becuase, it is not hook based, and some hooks are just not included in themes.

However that is to to with jsConnect not embedding.

grep is your friend.