Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

HTML & BBC in discussions?

On one site, I can't use html or bbc in the discussions. I even have the WYSIWYG (CLEditor) plugin enabled, yet when save it shows the code, not what it's supposed to show.

Also have these plugins, which do not show in the plugin list:

HtmLawed

HtmlFormatter

NBBC

Any ideas why it wont work?

On 2nd site, the WYSIWYG (CLEditor) plugin is also installed, with the other 3 listed, and the html code works, yet can't use bbc.

Also, even here, I have to double space in order to get next line. Why is that?

Answers

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

What version of Vanilla are you running?

@BurkeKnight said:
    Also, even here, I have to double space in order to get next line. Why is that?

Standard Markdown parsing. A single newline is interpreted as a space.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2013

In answer to your last question. Does it say Markdown when you read this forum.
    If so. If you click on markdown it takes you to the site that explains rules for markdown.

three spaces at end of line will prevent the need for line feeds and will separate lines

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

Version 2.0.18.4 On the first one and
    Version 2.0.18.8 on the 2nd one.

The first one is server ran by the webhost I Admin the forum for. Not sure if can get them to update it right away. Is there by chance an update that is by plugin?

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Updating is not automatic. AFAIK, there is no plugin that does this.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.