Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Manage Roles & Permissions not saving when top admin changes admin role

We have a new test site for updating/fixing the webhost's forum.
The import seemed to work okay, except we cannot go and change the administrator permissions.
Only a couple boxes are marked, and we want them all marked.
How do we fix this?
Vanilla version: 2.0.18.8

Answers

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Can you change other roles permissions?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Nope. Can't change any role.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2013

if you ported from a different forum besides vanilla., or if you want a nice clean table

with phpmyadmin..

Create a new test version of vanilla 2.0.18.8, and make a copy of the new pristine permissions table with the standard roles.

disable all your plugins in the working version.

empty the old permissions table in the working version , import the new permissions table.

Adjust your userroles table accordingly to match the roleids's in the permissions table.

you will be alot happier.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• This was a Vanilla forum. Ver 2.0.18.4

I am also doing test site, with the old database, and the sign in page just shows the discussion list, no form.

• maybe there is a contracfor in your area to help you with the install. I presented my solution, interpolate as needed.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• I managed to overcome the problem by just cloning another install that worked fine and uploading it to the bad install.
    Works great now. :)