Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

jsconnect doesn't work right with this theme

my forum is a part of an wordpress site and the jsconnect worked just fine until i installed this theme.
i looked at the debuger and saw that the sign in button doesn't have any url to connect to when the theme is activated.
any idea where can i insert the url manualy?
vanilla: Version 2.0.18.8
wordpress: 3.52
site: energyui.com/discussions/

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Nothing jumps out at me in this theme.

Just to be clear, everything works fine if you switch back to the default?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• jsConnect is applied to .JsConnect-Container does that selector exist?

grep is your friend.

• @hgtonight said:
    Just to be clear, everything works fine if you switch back to the default?

yes! and not only this but...i started using the embedded theme which worked just fine....and i've manualy changed her "default.master.tpl" file so i'll won't have the access bar and it also stopped connecting me to the forum....

if you check the print screen you'll see that the href doesn't link to anything...
    when i change back to default the href links to the right jsconnect

Something in the default.master.tpl file is messing up then.

What kind of modifications did you make?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• i only changed the order....
    i moved everything that was in the "banner" part to the "panel" part ...
    but it's a really basic and short file..everything was done correctly..i double checked

i suspect that because the jsconnect is a plugin and it's not in the default.master.tpl it masses everything up when there are other things in the panel and not only the plugin
    but i don't know which file i should be editing..
    i guess one of the jsconnect files...help :)

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited August 2013

If you are using minify plugin, don't , that is largely a failed cause . Anything like page speed also. Avoid those things ...

I would diff the modified tpl file against the original and post it here. If you are unfamiliar with diffing, please post your modified and original tpl file contents here.

If you put ~~~ before and after the paste, it will format nicely in the forum.

Search first