Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

how 2 fix messy display

jeongweejeongwee Vanilla version 2.6 ✭✭

when i click request frendship some messy code jump out
,see the picture.image

Comments

• TamaTama United Kingdom ✭✭✭

Maybe you should search around first?
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Code:+2+could+not+initiate+phpmailer+function

there are alot of results, some may be of use :)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• jeongweejeongwee Vanilla version 2.6 ✭✭

i see....so its becoz i run my site at local if i run my site at internet then it will be ok. thx.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

I came across the same issue and I think it was solved as soon as I've entered an email address in the dashboard under Settings > Outgoing Email (http://localhost/index.php?p=/dashboard/settings/email)

• lifeisfoolifeisfoo Zombie plugins finder ✭✭✭

Yes, it's a mail server problem :)
    Just configure it correctly.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

@lifeisfoo said:
    Yes, it's a mail server problem :)
    Just configure it correctly.

True. However, the error message should be more user friendly. That could be a useful improvement.

I think it would be even more userfriendly , if it was populated automatically during setup. Something like "noreply@configureddomain"

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@R_J said:
    I think it would be even more userfriendly , if it was populated automatically during setup. Something like "noreply@configureddomain"

I had this issue until I actually created the email account through my host. Not sure it would hurt to preconfigure it though.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

I think I'll add this as a feature request on GitHub and hopefully I find out how to code that pre-filling so I can make a pull request - GitHub is still new to me and so each pull request makes me feel veeeeery important... :-)

To my opinion every software should have fool proofed default values, so that everyone, even a complete newby, shall be able to use it directly after installation. Simplicity is a key to success.

When the admin hasn't configured this mail address, visitors who apply to become users get an error screen before they can even see their own profile! That is very bad user experience by default.