Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Is there an application form plugin?

Hey,

I am looking for an application form just like in Enjin. I want to create a website for my clan for Star Citizen, and we really need to be able to allow people to fill an application to become a member/visitor/ambassador/etc so then we can review their application and accept or decline it. If we accept it, they are automatically added to the forum group with the permissions coming with it.

If someone know one, please tell me. I dont know how to make plugins for vanilla (yet, Ill be learning PHP soon).

Thank you

Answers

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

have you searched the addons here to see if there is anything that would be useful ?

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Welcome to the community!

Vanilla has a built in application form for new users. Navigate to /dashboard/settings/registration and select Approval as the Method. Then log out and click apply to see what it looks like.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Just go to 'Registration' in the Dashboard and change your registration type to "Approval". Vanilla already ships with what you need.

• @vrijvlinder said:
    have you searched the addons here to see if there is anything that would be useful ?

Yes, Ive been searching for the past two hours

@hgtonight said:
    Welcome to the community!

Vanilla has a built in application form for new users. Navigate to /dashboard/settings/registration and select Approval as the Method. Then log out and click apply to see what it looks like.

Its not exactly what I need. I would need different application form for the different kind of membership and once we accept the application it would automatically add them to the position they applied for. We would also need to add more questions, which are different depending on which application they are filling.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

This is definitely going to be custom software then. I will suggest reading this addon: http://vanillaforums.org/addon/registrationrole-plugin for guidance.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• @hgtonight said:
    This is definitely going to be custom software then. I will suggest reading this addon: http://vanillaforums.org/addon/registrationrole-plugin for guidance.

Thanks, Ill take a look at it

• edited August 2013

Thanks for the link, now I need to be able to add custom questions when someone register.

EDIT: I just noticed that when I go look at the application, it doesnt tell me for which role the person is applying :(