Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Why is jsconnect not showing up in my dashboard/plugins

I created an earlier post about installation questions but since this is entirely a different topic Im posting my question here:

The question is what do I need to do if my plugins are not showing up on my dashboard in vanilla?
Plugin was installed here (mysite.com/vanilla/plugins) I can not install jsconnect please help

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator
    edited August 2013
    1. Verify proper plugin file transfer
    2. Verify proper plugin folder tree
    3. Verify proper plugin file permissions

Make sure the files you uploaded weren't corrupted during transfer (ftp usually). Make sure that your /plugins folder has only folders inside it. Make sure that each individual plugin folder (e.g. jsConnect) has a class.name.plugin.php or default.php file. Make sure your apache user has read permission of all files in the plugin folder.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

1. Done-3x
      2.Done-
      3.Plugin in permission? This is a vanilla plugin,explain. WP not necessary. Other-wise on the DB I have all read write permissions
      Ok my download of jsconnect is missing default.php and class.name.plugin.php and I downloaded this 2x to be sure I had a good file. Where do I get a decent download then?
  • OMG Solved! Somehow I downloaded a corrupt jsconnect file 2 times. I now got a clean copy, looked for the files you mentioned, and they were there. Uploaded and I am finally it worked! Thanks so much. I had no idea files were missing from the download. Now I can finally focus on theme-ing.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

jsConnect should have a file named class.jsconnect.plugin.php in its folder.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.