Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

JavaScript notification by regarding display pop up by Facebook

vrooom4vrooom4 New
edited August 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi,

I am not sure if anyone else has come across this one. I get this error message (notification) at times and not on a regular basis. I guess, this has got something to do with Vanilla and Facebook API's. I click on the facebook login icon, enter the login credentials, once its validated I get this message ( on the page where you get the post on behalf , skip options ). Could you guys please take a look. Thanks. @X00 , @todd

"You are using a display type of 'popup' in a large browser window tab. For a better user experience, show this dialog with our JavaScript SDK without specifying an explicit display type. The SDK will choose the best display type for each environment.
Alternatively, set height and width on your window.open() call to property size this dialog if you have special requirements precluding you from using the SDK. This message is only visible to developers of your application."

Regards,
Varun

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

More details would be helpful.

What version of Vanilla are you running?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Oh sorry forgot to mention that. Version is 2.0.18.8. Facebook API version is 1.0.1.1

• you can google this issue.

grep is your friend.

• Well I did , but not so sure if it could be handled by me as I have a very little knowledge about API's . Anyways , I will post If I don find a solution to this issue. Meanwhile , If anyone else has come across this issue , please post what you have done to fix it. Thanks :)

• see popupHeight=\"326\" popupWidth=\"627\" in class.facebook.plugin.php

try changing it to

see popupHeight=\"326\" popupWidth=\"580\" in class.facebook.plugin.php

if that work can make a github issue.

grep is your friend.