Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Mint extension... now Google Analytics?

edited January 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Stuart brought us an excellent extension that helped us get Mint into the header of Vanilla and it worked great. I was trying to modify the code to work with Google Analytics, trying to get this code in the header but with now luck since I'm not a coder by any stretch of any imagination and it has two lines of code and not just one:
<script src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" type="text/javascript"> </script> <script type="text/javascript"> _uacct = "UA-xxxxxx-x"; urchinTracker(); </script>
Has someone made an extension for Analytics? If not, could someone show me how to modify the code? As a thanksgiving present? Thanks!

By the way, Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Comments

• NickENickE New
    edited January 2006
    You'd want
    $Head->AddScript('http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js');
    $Head->AddString('<script type="text/javascript">
    _uacct = "UA-xxxxxx-x";
    urchinTracker();
    </script>');
    Or something along those lines; haven't tested it yet or anything.
  • It worked! I bow to your superior coding talents! Now, I can eat turkey without being distracted. Thanks so much for your help.
  • *nods in sirnots direction. I just added the google analytic thing into my site and i'm waiting to see what it's like. I'm super curious about the ecommerce stats it claims to bring up.
  • Too bad I can't add more sites to my account.. Google seems to have serious problems with their hardware ^^
  • Thanks SirNot for your suggestion, it worked great!. MrNase, today Google enabled my account to add 5 more profiles, take a look and maybe you can do it too. Regards!
  • i've loved using the google analytics, and i can't wait to add this snippet to my forum!
  • Exacly where in the mint extension should i put the google code?
  • edited January 2006
    Can I create an extention with your code SirNot? And also post it to the Vanilla wiki? I made one for my self and I would like in my spare time to enhance it. With due credit of couse.
  • Anyone have an invitation for Google Analytics they'd care to pass on?
  • >Can I create an extention with your code SirNot?
    Um, sure whatever, although that's sort of the extension right there.
  • LookHere, google analytics is open subscription. Or atleast it was when i signed up?
  • LoOkOuTLoOkOuT
    edited January 2006
    mini, it's gone invite only now. But not sure if subscribers have invites to share or they are sending them out from HQ once they have all the necessary hardware to support new users [edit: as they come in stages, or waves, I mean].
  • oh. looks like theyre going out from HQ.
  • it's annoying cause i have web stats set up for other domains and i've set up user accounts for other people to view the stats but when they try log in it asks them to enter their invitation code!
  • I know that Google has updated their Analytics code and I'm wondering if the steps above are for Vanilla v1 or v2. Can someone tell me if this still holds true for the most recent versions of Vanilla and Google Analytics? If not, is there a way to get Analytics in Vanilla v2?
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    They are for Vanilla 1. Vanilla 2 was released in 2010.

There's a plugin. http://vanillaforums.org/addon/508-google-analytics