HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Support Ticket System

I'd like to know if anyone has made a Support Ticket System plugin for Vanilla?
I run a free web host for Churches and other religious sites, and I'd like to integrate a support ticket system into the site.
Right now, I'm using Hesk which does not integrate, and can only set the iframe for it to larger than most of the helpdesk uses.
It would be great if someone has made, or could make one. I am disabled with no income, and the webhost is free, so this would have to be a free request.

If anyone can help, I'd greatly appreciate it.

P.S. No, this is not the same site that I have been having issues with. That I run for someone else, this is mine.

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

You could modify the Conversations application to pretty easily contain support tickets. Or use the Q&A plugin like a support ticket system. Kasper has recommended http://osticket.com/ previously.

I seem to remember an addon in a git repo somewhere that did this, but I can't find it atm.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Problem with that is that support tickets contain private information that other members can't see.
    Like hosting account usernames/passwords, etc.

edited September 2013

There is a help desk application addon that isn't quite finished in the repository.

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/584/issue-tracker

It would take some work on your part to get it up and running I suppose. I haven't even looked at the codebase yet.

EDIT: After looking at the codebase, I would personally just start from scratch.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Oh well... It was worth a shot. ;)

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2013

@BurkeKnight said:
    Problem with that is that support tickets contain private information that other members can't see.
    Like hosting account usernames/passwords, etc.

You could maybe modify the QNA plugin
    http://vanillaforums.org/addon/qna-plugin

and make it so only the discussion creator can see the thread as well as the person(s) providing answers.

test for Discussion Author or Person(s) providing answers.

Maybe you could get your congregation to chip in for a plugin if no one provides it for free, just a thought.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

You could also just use a contact form and call it support ticket as in this forum bellow ...

Send an email to the Senior Pastor

A support ticket is nothing more than a message sent to the admin of the site no?

• @BurkeKnight said:
    Right now, I'm using Hesk which does not integrate

How come? No jsconnect integration?

and can only set the iframe for it to larger than most of the helpdesk uses.

Maybe you need some CSS help from v-doc

Don't give up if it's not there. OsTicket might integrate anyway. It all depends on what type of support system you would like to make.

I Am a user of the church, tell me how I can use the ticket system that you need...

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• edited September 2013
    1. The webhost is not linked with my church. It is my own project.
    2. Hesk's system is not very good for integration, it seems.
    3. I want one that uses the forum's member base, so users do not have to log into forum and support ticket system.
    4. Support ticket system is a lot better than doing via emails. It's sort of like a bug traker system, where the members can file support tickets that get assigned to staff. Although, some do allow email replies.

I do appreciate all the ideas, and I'll think about the modifying the Q&A plugin, if I can figure out the way to do so to fit how it needs to be. :)

• @BurkeKnight said:
    4. Support ticket system is a lot better than doing via emails. It's sort of like a bug traker system, where the members can file support tickets that get assigned to staff. Although, some do allow email replies.

I do appreciate all the ideas, and I'll think about the modifying the Q&A plugin, if I can figure out the way to do so to fit how it needs to be. :)

Ok So give an example please. Treat me as a member. Can I file a ticket 'my computer is broken' and you act on it?

• The site is a web host. The support tickets would be about their hosting accounts.

You might be looking for something like a customer portal that provides a knowledge base, support tickets, and billing capabilities all rolled in to one package.

Search first

• That would be good, except since it is free web host, billing wont be needed. :)

• Either start with Q n A plugin or build a new application. Write down in which cases which actions need to happen.

OTher solution is to integrate with OsTicket