Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Dashboard Issue

Hello,

My dashboard seems to be broken, I haven't knowingly modified it in any way, any ideas on how to resolve this issue?

I've attached an image displaying the current dashboard:

Kind regards,
Dan.

Comments

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

What version of Vanilla are you running?

This looks like incomplete markup to me. Does the page source look normal?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2013

I haven't knowingly modified it in any way, any ideas on how to resolve this issue?

Turn on debugging Tell us your version of vanilla.

vanilla 2.1 and above
    $Configuration['Debug'] = TRUE;

vanilla 2.0.x
    $Configuration['Garden']['Debug'] = TRUE;

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/188810/#Comment_188810

if you can't disable plugins via (the best way) dashboard

then you could disable plugins in config.php by changing each of the EnabledPlugins to FALSE , change theme to default theme in config.

is your dashboard remote?

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

I'm using a version above 2, how do I get the version and how would I make a new category if I can't get the dashboard working?

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2013

How to determine your version number.

how would I make a new category if I can't get the dashboard working?

this would be ridiculous. solve and fix your dashboard and then do it.

To Determine your version number..

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/184012/#Comment_184012

re-read my message http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/191957/#Comment_191957

above, follow the instructions for debugging.

and answer the other questions,

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

Viewing page source via Google Chrome seems to loose the color scheme as normally shown with HTML, the text goes uncolored.

• Options
    edited September 2013

Oh, it seems the title tag has been messed up, where can I modify this? Version: 2.0.18.8

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2013

default.master.php or .tpl

good luck. I gave you suggestions on what to do. I can't attempt to give you any more help, if you don't follow suggestions. We are on different tangents.

Since you said you didn't modify anything...

I have to assume you didn't mess with dashboard/views/settings/index.php

and your $Configuration['Garden']['Title'] =

is correct.

• Options

No worries, I managed to fix it, there was a random tag added somewhere in /applications/dashboard/views, I'm unsure how it got there. Thanks for all the help.