Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

How to create extra page with panel?

2»

Answers

• Options

@peregrine said:
    Also depends on version of vanilla.

I revised it again version 2.3 - reverted to old routing, and changed the module loading config statement. see the readme.

if it don't work use version 2.1 :)

yep, v2.2 quick test tonight but MeBox was displayed twice when logged in, I 'll try v2.3 without missing to check your ReadMe file ;-) about panel(s) config'.. thank you @peregrine for this new feature

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Yes I experienced the duplicate modules if I added something like render panel in the div. So I just used the panel div as a placeholder.

The guest module can be disabled from the config. Maybe if you disable it from there , only one will show instead of two.

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

I've noticed the option to disable modules today. So I have to
    1. clean up the panel asset (to make sure they will be shown in the correct order)
    2. add the modules from the C('Modules.Vanilla.Panel')
    3. but not for C('Garden.Modules.ShowModuleName') == FALSE modules

I'm getting closer now.

But I doubt that I'm on the right way. If I want to see the same modules as in /discussions, I think I should start looking at the discussions controller and mimic what's happening there.
    @peregrins approach at using the modules from ExtraPages own configuration seems to be very wise to me, for it is completely up to the developer what modules should be shown.

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Just a quick follow up, in case anybody is reading that later on. x00s advice was great. Using VanillaController loads all the modules from C('Modules.Vanilla.Panel') automatically and it also handles config settings C('Garden.Modules.ShowModuleName') == FALSE by itself.