Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

integration

13»

Answers

• :)

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2013

re: jsapi

don't know if this means anything significant - normal load perhaps?

google.loader.ApiKey = 'notsupplied';
    google.loader.KeyVerified = true;
    google.loader.LoadFailure = false;
    google.loader.Secure = true;
    google.loader.AdditionalParams = '';

frankly - i don't like the google's jsapi - spookily showing
    google.loader.ClientLocation - but that's a digression .

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2013

@tom762

if you want to test the addjs function.

you could rename js/vanoogle.js to js/x-vanoogle.js in the plugins js directory.

and create a new vanoogle.js - during a slow time on your forum or put an announcement that you are having a brief test

in the new vanoogle.js if should only say:

jQuery(document).ready(function($) {

console.log("hello I am executing vanoogle.js");
    alert("hello I am executing vanoogle.js");

});

it should tell you if addjs is actually trying to load a js file and does it within your plugin.

it will popup an alert window that says "hello I am executing vanoogle.js" and also write one to your console.log

you just want to move it in there. reload your browser. see if the alert box comes up and
    when it does. you kniow the addjs function works.

to revert back to normal
    you can rename the x-vanoogle.js to vanoogle.js

essentially it won't fix your plugin - but will rule out whether

the Addjsline in the default.php is working (which it should)

$Sender->AddJsFile($this->GetResource('js/vanoogle.js', FALSE, FALSE));

• I don't know how to start this. :/ I installed this plugin from Vanilla addon repo. The zip file includes only these files:

• Vanoogle/class.vanoogle.plugin.php
    • Vanoogle/LICENSE
    • Vanoogle/views/settings.php

So until peregrine's last comment I had no idea I had some files missing from the start as there's no documentation on the plugin. I'm sorry for wasting your time, but it really didn't cross my mind that zipped file on Vanilla addons page isn't the whole thing.

I'm kinda new to Vanilla and am still getting used to it. While it's great to be so customizable, it takes a lot of effort to have it look and work the way you want, especially with my limited knowledge.

Now I've set up plugin and so far it works as it should.

Once again, thank you and sorry for wasting time.

• Ah!!

Well I'm glad that got fixed! I had no idea the zip was bad. Is the current zip on the addon site working for you or did you have to hunt down the missing files?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• No, current zip still includes only those three files. I had to find others on github and "guess" proper directory structure.

• Arg! I'll try to address this.

• A tip for future uploaders and plugin developers ....

for add-on uploaders, Good idea to download zip the zip you uploaded and then download it, and try to install :) That way you can be sure, it has all it needs. :)

• I could have sworn that I had... :(

• no worries!

• Updated the zip. Sorry for the trouble.

• Great, thanks. ;)

• FengolFengol New
    edited October 2013

I just downloaded the plugin and also only got the 3 files. I don't know what's missing

Edit: I found on github what I had to do. I had to get vanoogle.js and vanoogle.css and put them in the \js and \design folders respectively.

• @Todd That's strange. When this was last reported I fixed and verified the zip...

@Fengol are you all set now or are you still having the other issues?

• how do you add this to a vanilla forum site there is no tutorial :(