Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

having trouble with install - do you have a paid install service?

Search on my forum is terrible. Slow... often crashes the whole site.

I have tried several times to install your search but can not get it running.

Paid service?

Comments

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator
    edited September 2013

Do you meet the requirements to run this? Many budget web hosts don't allow you to spawn daemons. This is required to be able to index and query sphinx's db.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    mcu_hqmcu_hq yippie ki-yay ✭✭✭

No. Try the lite version. Install with your distro or windows binary. Then tell the installer where the installed files are.

• Options

I have my own server, I have sphinx installed, its simply not detected... so assuming i get my tech support guys to let me know paths... that should solve the problem?

I have certain ports locked, a firewall that sometimes seems to have a mind of its own... not sure where to start.

Light version made no difference.

PLugin can not find where Sphinx is.

• Options

turns out shell access was not available to the account i was using... i didnt know the paths... but worst of all.... i didnt see the save and continue button, way down... off the screen

duoh i am getting somewhere now