Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

User Gallery

Hi there,
Firstly, many thanks for a great plugin! After reading all your installation notes I have got it working perfectly, and am very pleased with it.
To customise it further for my forum I was wondering if it is possible to have a user/profile gallery (maybe as an extra tab on the profile page) where users can control their own galleries, and prevent other users from editing/deleting their images.
If so, where should I begin editing (& how) please?
Any help is gratefully appreciated, and if this costs to implement this I will gladly pay you.

Many thanks,
Lisa.

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited September 2013

Hi , thanks for trying the plugin. To be able to have a dedicated gallery for each user the plugin would need to be made from the ground up. I made this using parts of two older gallery type plugins to be able to be used by the community.

I understand the issue about people deleting other people's photos. You can warn them that doing so will get them banned.

In order to make each gallery only editable by admin or the user, the gallery would have to work like a discussion in the way that the user info is stored in the data base in the user table.

This plugin is a simple uploader that can make folders for groups of images and renders them on the gallery page.

One way to control the gallery is by using roles and permissions. You can make the gallery only available to upload by trusted members. You could create a role for them then add that to the register permissions array.

I have been trying to figure out how to make a profile posted gallery, but that is significantly more complex and have no time at the moment. But maybe @peregrine or @R_J or @hgtonight or @shadowdare would be able to take this on in exchange for a donation .

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2013

not me, no desire. but probably the others.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

@peregrine is there a list somewhere of the possible permissions that can be given ?

Is there a Delete allow ? or does that fall under Edit Allow ?

• couldn't you test for session user and see if they are the id of the person, who uploaded gallery photos. If they are they can delete, if not they can't delete.

but permissions are in the column heading in the permission table - see phpmyadmin.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

It tests for upload allow. It does not save user id with image. If there was a way to attach the user Id to the image then only the user could delete or add to the new album.

• you could create a table and associate image with id and then test.

• after line 135 in gallery.php you could write to a table.

then around line 171 - you could test id.

you might want to redesign. but that is a way to do it.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Nope, I might possibly try it one day but I'm no programmer and I don't have enough time and skill to promise anything

Thanks p I will tackle it soon . I need to finish my cement/plumbing work very close to having indoor plumbing lol

thats ok RJ It is my job to figure this out and hopefully with the help from peregrine it will work. I will let you know. :)

• indoor plumbing

that's a treat - always nice to have with internet access.

• Thank you so much guys

@peregrine said:
    that's a treat - always nice to have with internet access.

Yes , it is not so bad in the summer to get up in the middle of the night to use the pool bathroom. But in the Winter it can be murder !! Not planning on spending another winter doing that :) So off I go to finish before I get totally side tracked ....

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2013

V,

Are you installing Tisp as well.

http://www.google.com/tisp/install.html

No need since I have a wireless router but don't think I did not think about it.

you would fancy this one

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

This might make more sense as an application rather than a plugin.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP
    edited September 2013

Hey,

We at VanillaSkins.com have a "User Gallery" Application in the making. It is still in development and we keep you updated about. Below you find some screenshots, consider it under heavy development.

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • Fantastic news Phreak!
    I eagerly await your progress :)
    Thank you!

edited September 2013

@marthajane77 I'm afraid for now the User Id'd Gallery is a bust, however I have a solution to erroneous image deletion.

you can replace with this in the the gallery.php so only admin can delete images

// editing the image
    $UserHasPermission = Gdn::Session()->CheckPermission('Garden.Settings.Manage', TRUE); if($UserHasPermission) {

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2013

@phreak said:
    Hey,

We at VanillaSkins.com have a "User Gallery" Application in the making. It is still in development and we keep you updated about. Below you find some screenshots, consider it under heavy development.

nice job from the looks of the screenshots. looks like it will be a fine addition to the apps

• Thanks guys. Vrijvlinder thanks for the 'admin edit only' code. I will implement this today.
    I look forward to Phreak's release too, but at least I know I can carry on with Galleries perfectly well until then.
    Thanks again for all the time you've put into this. Your work is very much needed, and appreciated.