Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

ToDo list for when 2.1 goes RC and Final

UnderDogUnderDog MVP
edited September 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi all,

Let me quote myself here...

And please also make all the plugins compatible with 2.1 and beyond. All themes useable, etc.

we need user documentation and developer documentation, maybe a wiki application. Place it on the .org site in the /docs directory and let all the users add pages to it... then more source code documentation.

I Was thinking and it's actually a todo list for the community. While the Vanilla team is working on the core, the community should pull together and improve themes, plugins, applications and documentation.

Let's look at themes and plugins first. Themes and plugins by active members is easy, but let's clean the other ones first.
Hopefully you have installed Vanilla locally by now. Install 2.1 and some themes / plugins by non-active users.
Let's see if they will work on 2.1 and if not, open a topic under that addon page.

After that we need to see about maintaining a GitHub repository for those themes and plugins.

Idea? Or too ambitious?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• Options
    mcu_hqmcu_hq yippie ki-yay ✭✭✭

I don't think the theme transition will be easy. Is bootstrap still supported? It seems to be one of the most popular and modern, however it looked like a lot of views were overridden and such. I've done this before and it is a mess to kept it in par with the vanilla template.

• Options

Second step is Documentation. I need to know whether we need User Documentation (how do I add a discussion?) or more source-oriented Documentation (how does the 'decho' function work?)

We don't want to spread the community too thin with only 1 person working on 1 item. We need multiple userd on 1 item (themes, plugins) and the users that don't want (or can't) on the documentation.

Make sure that everyone who wants to help has a Vanilla Wiki account

• Options

We should make a list of important things about Vanilla that isn't documented yet and should be documented.

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

I will gladly start downloading plugins and testing against 2.1b2. I will set up a Google doc to coordinate/mark my progress. Or would a wiki article make more sense?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    TamaTama United Kingdom ✭✭✭

@hgtonight said:
    I will gladly start downloading plugins and testing against 2.1b2. I will set up a Google doc to coordinate/mark my progress. Or would a wiki article make more sense?

I think a google doc would probably make more sense in my opinion

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

All my themes work with 2.1 , only need to include a few extra lines to accommodate new classes .

• Options

I set up that google doc for plugins. Anyone that wants to help, send me a PM and I will give you the link.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

• Options

@UnderDog said:

I still nominate @jeongwee

I think he has tested just about every plugin in 2.1.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

@Tama has done a metric ton of testing on plugins already.

The read only version can be found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AvSnB6M4Z-EIdEZjXzJnNWpUcXZIV0QwU2pBbVl6WHc&single=true&gid=0&output=html

If you want to add to it, I will send you the edit link, no questions asked. :D

Search first

• Options
    phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP
    edited September 2013

AaaaMAZING work guys!

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • Options

Thanks Tama, great job!

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2013

nice work guys.

in Vanilla 2.1 - I noticed all of my plugins tested ok with 4 exceptions....

• WORKING FINE BY MY TESTING. (despite what spreadsheet says).

should work with newer version = did for me.

Autolink 1.3
    The new version seems to work for me in vanilla 2.1 (your tests are prior to new plugin version recently uploaded.)

Statistics Footer 2.1
    does indeed display in footer, if you go to settings and choose an option and save it. despite what your findings where - at least it works for me in Vanilla 2.1

• OBSOLETE PLUGINS BELOW - no longer supported by me.

the two plugins below can go out in the trash as far as I am concerned. Somebody else can maintain them or rewrite them.

Guest Restriction 3.0 **
    This plugin is no longer supported by me and should not be used as an example as how to write plugins for vanilla 2.1 Since it has &Sender

Comment Split 1.0
    I am no longer supporting this plugin for any future versions beyond vanilla. 2.0.18.x. It is an esoteric plugin. probably at most, one person in the world may use it

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

at most, one person in the world may use it

DenisS ;) he is using all of 75% the others did not work for him ..., maybe he should be the tester lol .

About MobileHome, it says it doesn't direct ? Not sure what that means , people need to make a route for it to make it the landing page. That is up to them if they want it as a landing page. When they create the route or use that page as the default controller it directs fine to the page.

Also Play MP3 Links works all that is needed is to change the &$Senders. I have it installed using 2.1 . If the Author never has come back, I could reissue the plugin fixed under another name.

SantaHat also works with the same tweaks as above.

There are several plugins which only need small tweaks to work with 2.1. If the authors have abandoned them, that should be free to fix and upload and the old unsupported versions could be archived.