Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

"Code":256,"Exception":"Table 'db********.GDN_discussion' doesn't exist

I have a problem which I first encountered a year ago with this plugin and would now like to resolve it. With the plugin enabled when I try to start a new discussion I get the following error on screen:-

{"Code":256,"Exception":"Table 'db********.GDN_discussion' doesn't exist|Gdn_Database|Query|select CategoryID\nfrom GDN_discussion discussion\nwhere DiscussionID = :DiscussionID"}

The discussion does post correctly but the tag word I included in the tags box does not appear in the dashboard. It just says there are no tags.

If I then try to delete the new discussion I get the same error and it won't delete.

If I disable tagging I can then delete the discussion as normal.

I am running Vanilla 2.0.18.8 with the following Addons enabled:- Add Menu Item ver 2.2, Emotify ver 2.0.1, Fileupload 1.5.2, Flagging ver1.1.0, Galleries ver 1.3, In This discussion ver 1, Mass Delivery ver 1, Members List Enhanced ver 6.1, Post count ver 1.0.2, Quotes ver 1.2.2, Roll Title ver 0.1, Split Merge ver 1, Tagging Enhanced ver 1.0.1, Vanilla Statistics ver 2.0.2

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2013

what did you do to attempt to solve it based on the last discussion suggestions?

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/192689/#Comment_192689

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

This is a slight typo in the class.tagging.plugin.php file on lines 321 and 651. From('discussion') should be From('Discussion').

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• @peregrine said:

you are not using vanilla 2.1

>

start another discussion under the plugin and post your errors after you

>

disable plugin.
    remove the plugins/Tagging folder completely
    download the plugin.
    reinstall
    enable the plugin through the dashboard.

>

skip a step at your own peril.

I did exactly as instructed without "skip a step"
    The above error is since doing as instructed and I tried to add as much detail as possible.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2013

good, now we know you have a good clean plugin then you need to make some code changes that fail on some computers.

1 disable plugin

2 alter discussion to Discussion as instructed in the link.

3 enable plugin

I always disable plugin when making changes to code.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/192689/#Comment_192689

which is what hgtonight also said in different words.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2013

@avantime4mike

the d needs to be D in the places that are bold on the specified lines.

class.tagging.plugin.php:321:

from
    $CategoryID = $Sender->SQL->Select('CategoryID')->From('discussion')->Where('DiscussionID',$DiscussionID)->Get()->FirstRow()->CategoryID;

to
    $CategoryID = $Sender->SQL->Select('CategoryID')->From('Discussion')->Where('DiscussionID',$DiscussionID)->Get()->FirstRow()->CategoryID;

class.tagging.plugin.php:651:

from
    $CategoryID = $Sender->SQL->Select('CategoryID')->From('discussion')->Where('DiscussionID',$DiscussionID)->Get()->FirstRow()->CategoryID;

to
    $CategoryID = $Sender->SQL->Select('CategoryID')->From('Discussion')->Where('DiscussionID',$DiscussionID)->Get()->FirstRow()->CategoryID;

• As directed by peregrine I changed the word "discussion" to "Discussion" in class.tagging.plugin.php line 321

All appears to be working now and a test discussion has created my first tag in the tags list "Tag"

Thank you @peregrine I think I have learned a bit since I first had this problem. Picking up little bits all the time :-)

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2013

don't forget to change line 651 as well as hgtonight made clearer. Or you will have other problems down the road probably.

• There must be another instance of the lower case "d" which is called when deleting a discussion as the second half of the problem detailed above is still apparent. I'll have a search myself to see if I can spot it.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2013

mike please read this discussion again a few times. slow down and re-read several times. :)

you seem to be moving to fast without re-reading. keep in mind people can edit there discussions for a period of time and you may miss things. if you don't keep perusing it.

refresh your page before posting - you seem to miss things. :)

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@avantime4mike said:
    There must be another instance of the lower case "d" which is called when deleting a discussion as the second half of the problem detailed above is still apparent. I'll have a search myself to see if I can spot it.

No need as I already pointed it out:

@hgtonight said:
    This is a slight typo in the class.tagging.plugin.php file on lines 321 and 651. From('discussion') should be From('Discussion').

Emphasis added.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2013

@avantime4mike said: There must be another instance of the lower case "d" which is called when deleting a discussion as the second half of the problem detailed above is still apparent. I'll have a search myself to see if I can spot it.

ok

Four times in this discussion it said to change line 651 as well as line 321.

• The above comments were not there when I posted that I had fixed the first one. Big lesson for me to use refresh. Sorry guys I guess I get too keen when on a roll. I found the one in 651 myself in the meantime so probably was good for me as another learning curve.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2013

@avantime4mike

I found the one in 651 myself in the meantime so probably was good for me as another learning curve.

:) problems solved. correct.

• At least doing it in stages I understand the effect of each change. (well sort of).

• Newbie here. But liking Vanilla a lot so far. I had the Code 256 Exception after installing Tagging Enhanced. I changed lines 321 and 651 to upper case D in Discussion. But I was still getting the error. I then went back to the Tagging Enhanced plugin page and noted there was a code correction in vanilla\models\class.discussionmodel.php too.
    Tagging working fine once I made that change too.
    Just wanted to say thanks for this discussion and also serve as a reminder it appears you have to make both corrections.

• @Texdkr

for your specific problem

"I would like to be able to enable Tagging Enhanced Plugin AND set my Homepage to All Categories"

see

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/196282/#Comment_196282

and report back if it works for you.