Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Weighted text not displaying correctly

I've installed this plugin and I am very pleased with the way it has tidied up the relatively large number of tags I am using. The only issue is the text is not weighted as it should be. The tags are arranged in alphabetical order but the tag count number is still shown next to each tag instead of controlling the text size.

I am using Vanilla 2.0.18.8 with the default theme:-

http://www.avantime-owners.com/forum/

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator
    edited September 2013

You are using the tagging enhanced plugin which uses a different module that is incompatible with the tag cloud addon.

Changing line 169 in file /plugins/Tagging/class.tagmodule.php to </strong> <span class="Count"><?php echo number_format($Tag->CountDiscussions); ?></span></li> should do the trick.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• nice hg.

by the way tagcloud states....

requirements:  

The core plugin "Tagging" must be enabled, of course.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

This is why it is a bad idea to distribute forked addons. Something changes in upstream and BAM!

Stuff doesn't work like it should.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2013

agreed.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• @hgtonight thank you for your quick and accurate response. I've made the suggested change and it fixed the problem first time.
    @peregrine thanks to your help over the past couple of weeks I now have the confidence to go right in and make these changes knowing I can put it back on my own.

Excellent work both of you.

Oh! and yes another example of read, read and read again and don't take anything for granted. ;)

• UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    edited September 2013

@hgtonight said:
    This is why it is a bad idea to distribute forked addons.

My idea is a bit different. Apparently Tagging Enhanced filled a purpose.

Now we need to figure out what it was and add it to the normal Tagging plugin (core) so Enhanced isn't needed anymore

Anyway. .. it's all part of the updating plugins effort everyone so eagerly signed up for.

And yes, I agree that there should be only 1 plugin per subject (Tagging, Memberlist, Theme Gallery, etc)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

I probably spoke rashly when I said forked addons shouldn't be distributed. I think variety is a blessing and a curse. In this specific case, tagging enhanced is designed to drop in as a replacement for the core tagging plugin. It probably even worked well at one point. The real issue is people thinking they have tagging enabled when they actually have tagging enhanced enabled.

I am not sure how to approach this other than condemn every fork that personally tweaks me the wrong way.

I condemn you TAGGING ENHANCED! Be gone with you!

Search first

• http://vanillaforums.org/addon/tagging-plugin it solves couple of bugs that core-tagging probably still has.

Now we need to put the original Tagging plugin in the Vanilla Users Git repo and merge it with Tagging Enhanced

I Would use WinMerge for that task

There was an error rendering this rich post.