Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

forum setup (and style match) help... will pay

messyj232messyj232 New
edited September 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

hey everyone... i would like to hire someone to setup the open source version of vanilla forum and "meld" it with my website (i know they are different sites, but i would like the skin of my website) on my forum
the website in questions is www.coretrainingfordistancerunners.com
thanks everyone

Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Welcome to the community!

You will elicit more offers if you are a bit more explicit with your requirements.

For example, are you looking for a custom theme?

Do you plan to embed?

Do you use an existing CMS or other software you want to integrate with Vanilla?

What is your budget?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• messyj232messyj232 New
    edited September 2013

hgtonight-
    I want to have a "forums" page on www.coretrainingfordistancerunners.com

I would like the forum page to look like all the other pages (header and sidebar)

I use rapidweaver to make my websites and I host with blue host

I downloaded the open source version of vanilla forums but don't really know how to upload to my bluehost server... even though i could probably figure it out, id much rather pay someone to do the whole thing for me

I was hoping someone could give me a price and we could go from there depending on what the quote is

thanks!

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2013

As V says,

sounds like a DIY job.

we can help if you have problems, as long as you put in some effort yourself.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Thanks so much everyone! I will download it tomorrow and see if I can't figure it out!

• messyj232messyj232 New
    edited September 2013

This is why I would like to hire someone lol... I am not quite sure how to upload the files. I have tried, and I have called Bluehost, but I have not had any success

• I sure someone would offer to their level of experience.

grep is your friend.

• @x00 said:
    I sure someone would offer to their level of experience.

?

• @vrijvlinder said:
    messyj232 Blue Host offers SimpleScripts so

go to your account and in some tab there will be a link to SimpleScripts.

Once there, look at the list and select Vanilla.

Select Version 2.0.18.8 stable

Select Folder, in this step you need a subdirectory name such as /forum

Select automatically create DataBase

Create your Name and Password for Admin

Select install.

Once it is installed, login to test that it works.

Make sure to take note of the login credentials you used, but you should be able to re access them from SimpleScrips on the installation in question.

Once it works, Download some themes that resemble your site the most, as in font colors and such. This will minimize starting from scratch and there are some really good designs out there that could work.

I saw your site and it looks like a simple thing to match the forum to it. In fact I am sure you could do it yourself.

With everything going on in this post, I will try this today and let you know how it goes! Thanks so much vrijvlinder!
    You all are very patient :)