HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Announcing the OZONE premium theme

jspautschjspautsch Themester ✭✭✭
edited November 2011 in Feedback
I've just entered the theme-making scene and have released my first theme: OZONE! I designed this theme in an effort to find a good balance between color, whitespace, and readability to make using Vanilla as visually pleasing an experience as possible without detracting from usability.

Originally I had just made it for my own forum, but I was encouraged by many people to release it publicly. Seeing how lacking the themeforest.net vanilla section was, I put in some additional effort to make the theme "premium-ready" and released it for purchase just a few days ago. I really hope you guys enjoy it, there's currently seven (soon to be nine) alternate color styles available (all in the same purchase), so I feel like it's a pretty good deal, I'm sure you'll find a color that fits your community!

Buy OZONE at ThemeForest.Net

Check out the live preview & support forums

For those who are weary of links, here's a preview/promotional image:

Enjoy!

P.S. I assume this is allowed? I saw someone advertising their community the other day so I figured it would be fine, but let me know if there's a problem.

Comments

• Bought. :)
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    You can advertise your premium themes, we don't mind.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Looks great!
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    Yeah, we like this a lot :)

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• jspautschjspautsch Themester ✭✭✭
    Bought. :)
    Let me know if you run into any problems, I'd be happy to help! Also be on the lookout for an update later today, it should include some additional color styles and minor bug fixes.
    Yeah, we like this a lot :)
    :D
  • sahotataransahotataran Developer, Bay Area - CA ✭✭✭
    Nice work :)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Great looking theme. :)
    They finally approved the update I was talking about, so Version 1.1 is now available! OZONE now has support for embedding, it's not perfect yet so I've labeled it "Beta," but it's getting there. I also added two more dark color styles and converted Ocean to a dark style.
  • mattmatt ✭✭
    edited May 2012

Awesome work. I'll be buying that.

• mattmatt ✭✭
    edited May 2012

Hi, just to let you know I bought the theme and am using it with the Autumn theme (ever so slightly modified) at: http://www.agbic.com

Thanks @jspautsch for creating such a great theme.

• mattmatt ✭✭

@jspautsch any chance of the theme colours extending to the standard vanilla mobile theme?

• Does this work with Vanilla 2? Thanks!

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2013

@galois said:
    Does this work with Vanilla 2? Thanks!

try it and let us know. or contact author.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

@galois said:

I would say it does. I did a job for a User who had a theme based on Ozone, and it ran on Vanilla 2.0.x.

• if just the discussion counter ( views, comments, date created, etc ) is neat like your Silicon theme, it would be great.

• @matt said:
    Hi, just to let you know I bought the theme and am using it with the Autumn theme (ever so slightly modified) at: http://www.agbic.com

Thanks jspautsch for creating such a great theme.

your site agbic.com is hit by spam pretty bad. install botstop and stopforum spam.
    should solve the problem.

@galois said:

Sorry for the late response!

Yes it certainly is! I've tested it through 2.0.18.8.

Speaking of which, I'm also working on adapting the theme to Vanilla 2.1!

A stable beta version of the 2.1 theme should be ready soon, and I'll be including it with the ThemeForest bundle for those using the Vanilla 2.1 beta. Once Vanilla 2.1 is officially released, the 2.0.18 version of the theme will still be included as well.

• Thanks. I tested it and it looks great on web, but it seems that the mobile part is not polished yet.

@galois said:
    Thanks. I tested it and it looks great on web, but it seems that the mobile part is not polished yet.

The modifications made to the mobile theme were really only a test run and rudimentary at best, I might do more with that in the future, but for now I'm focusing on updating Ozone to 2.1.

Speaking of which, the live demo for the 2.1-compatible version of Ozone is out!

http://www.secondwindprojects.com/ozone-21

Additionally, I've just updated Ozone on themeforest.net to include the 2.1-compatible preview version of Ozone alongside the 2.0.18-compatible version!

edited May 2014

Just wanted to let everyone know that Ozone is now compatible with the latest stable release of Vanilla 2.1!

Preview: http://secondwindprojects.com/ozone-21/

Download: http://themeforest.net/item/ozone-premium-vanilla-2-theme/796129

An Ozone Legacy version is still included in the purchase that works with Vanilla 2.0.18.

Next on my to-do list is to add some responsiveness to the theme (and convert my other themes to 2.1).