Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Is it possible to start a new discussion with pre-defined title and tag?

keefokeefo New
edited September 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Something like

<a href="./vanillaboard/index.php?p=/post/discussion&title=VoteMe&tag=campaign">New Vote Post</a>

So I can put it into another webpage.

PS: version 2.0.18.8

Best Answer

Answers

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Welcome to the community!

Short answer is no. Long answer is yes with a plugin!

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Thanks @hgtonight, do you know any plugin? or I have to write my own plugin?

• I got it works. @hgtonight

• Hello. I am after the same thing. I have done exactly what @hgtonight has said and it did not work. Could I get a little heling hand please?

@prendo Welcome to the community!

What part are you getting stuck on?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• @hgtonight said:
    prendo Welcome to the community!

What part are you getting stuck on?

I'm not exactly sure what part I did wrong. I downloaded all the files to your TestingGround and enabled it fine in the CP.

Here are my files after following your steps.

class.testingground.php
    and
    js/testingground.js

edited October 2013

Ahh... I wasn't clear that you need to put your JavaScript code in the Dom ready function so it doesn't get executed until the page is ready.

So cut line 4 in your js file and paste it at the end of the file.

Search first

• @hgtonight said:
    Ahh... I wasn't clear that you need to put your JavaScript code in the Dom ready function so it doesn't get executed until the page is ready.

So cut line 4 in your js file and paste it at the end of the file.

My bad, thanks!