Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Theme Upload

Hi. I created a theme for Vanilla Forums 2 and requires 2.1a and I have a few questions.

1. Do I upload themes using the same upload for addons?
2. How do I set requirements or is there a 2nd step that allows us to do it?
3: Is the upload process for a theme a multi-step process?

Comments

• Here's the list of questions again

1. Do I upload themes using the same upload for addons?

2: How to do a description on vanillaforums.org?

3: Is the upload process for a theme or addon a multi-step process?

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator
    1. Yes
    2. Enter it on the upload form. (You can edit it later, so don't sweat it!)
    3. No and Yes. Only one form that has to be filled out. Uploading screenshots, icons, or changing the description all requires more forms.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• And also, @hgtonight can you do HTML in the description as adding a link?

Yup

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Alright! I'll let you know when I'm done with my theme if you have a Vanilla Forums 2.1a forum! Thanks for the help!

• Oh! I literally forgot! How do we upload a new version or update a theme?

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2013

How do we upload a new version or update a theme?

Increment your version number of theme or plugin, in the descriptive array in plugin or theme.

zip it up and you click on upload new version and upload it.

Oh! I literally forgot!

better than figuratively forgot, I guess.

all the buttons are there :).

only button missing is delete the plugin or theme. the only button for that action is Lincoln. Press his buttons carefully, an not to frequently. and do not attempt to press his omphalos button (this could result in a delay or the release of Vanilla 2.3)

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• edited October 2013

@peregrine said:
    only button missing is delete the plugin or theme. the only button for that action is Lincoln. Press his buttons carefully, an not to frequently. and do not attempt to press his omphalos button (this could result in a delay or the release of Vanilla 2.3)

What do you mean by that?

That was a form of writing known by certain people as humorous.

You might say it was a joke :)

Search first

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2013

ilovetech said:

@peregrine said: only button missing is delete the plugin or theme. the only button for that >> action is Lincoln. Press his buttons carefully, and not too frequently. and do not attempt to >> press his omphalos button (this could result in a delay of the release of Vanilla 2.3)

->>(edited spelling errors).

What do you mean by that?

Literally or Figuratively :)

just wanted to figuratively "head you off in the past" rather than literally "head you off at the pass" , in case your future question was:

"How do I delete my uploaded theme?"

once you upload a theme or plugin - you do not have an option to delete the plugin. just as you cannot delete a discussion or a comment.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2013

@hgtonight said:
    That was a form of writing known by certain people as humorous.

You might say it was a joke :)

you might say so, then again you might say not. depending on your sense of humor. sometimes you can;t buy a laugh.

it was an esoteric joke. in the eclectic joke bag.

• Nice! Would you add a screenshot to the page please?

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• I'm adding it right now, @shadowdare if you are still online!

• edited October 2013

I'm gonna need help. Vanilla has mixed 1.5.2 with 1.0 and now 1.5.2 is going to show up when people click the theme. Can staff help me fix it?

Well, I made it unclear. When I first did it, it was 1.5.2 and now it's 1.0. The first version is appearing first. Can staff help me fix it by either turning around the rotation OR deleting 1.5.2 from the theme. Thanks!

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2013

@ilovetech said:
    I'm gonna need help. Vanilla has mixed 1.5.2 with 1.0 and now 1.5.2 is going to show up when people click the theme. Can staff help me fix it?

Well, I made it unclear. When I first did it, it was 1.5.2 and now it's 1.0. The first version is appearing first. Can staff help me fix it by either turning around the rotation OR deleting 1.5.2 from the theme. Thanks!

the easiest thing to do is to upload an identical version with 1.6 or 2.0 and not worry about the other versions. just keep incrementing and it it will be clear to all. (you maybe waiting a while for someone to fix it, since only a few have that ability).

• @peregrine Thanks! You have been a big help! How may I thank you besides donations?

• @shadowdare @peregrine How do you like the theme?

edited October 2013

@ilovetech said:
    peregrine Thanks! You have been a big help! How may I thank you besides donations?

Click the positive reactions under replies you find awesome, insightful, or funny. Also, consider sticking around and answering some questions :)

Search first

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2013

@shadowdare @peregrine How do you like the theme?

I'm not a themester - don't have much opinion about any theme. and I haven't tried yours.

hope some others give you feedback though...

and now you know what I mean about you can't delete your plugin - so be careful and increment your version number, since it will confuse everyone totally as to which is most up to date.