Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Backing up Vanilla in cpanel

2»

Answers

• Options

@sudden156 said:
    They (whoever 'they' are) should have an inscribed mug or something.

I believe that comes with the t-shirt as well :)

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

Well I'm glad I took your advice @peregrine to set up a test forum and try to import the exported database, as it doesn't import because of an error (#1062 - Duplicate entry '1' for key 'PRIMARY' ).

Hmm, what now? Do I need to learn MySQL to correct the error or is there some way around this? Seems the forum works fine and the database exports fine, but the error presents importing into a new installation.

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Empty (truncate) the test db tables and try again.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

Ah, that's intriguing. I truncated the database as you suggested and tried again. Got an error again (#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1 ) yet the content has this time imported into the test site.

• Options

I've checked it over, seems the import is fine. Will continue to experiment. Test forums are certainly a good idea. Thanks guys.

• Options

@sudden156 said:
    Not sure about this ticking answers thing. Seems to place answers in the wrong order for context. I think I'd prefer old-fashioned chronological order.

@sudden156
    I agree, but we seem to be the only ones who use this sort of logic.

the other odd thing, is if you are not logged in - you can't read the tutorials, now what good is that :)

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@peregrine said:
    the other odd thing, is if you are not logged in - you can't read the tutorials, now what good is that :)

That is a serious issue. @Lincoln, could you please give guests read access to the tutorials category?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.