Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

what is the clear button user for?

jeongweejeongwee Vanilla version 2.6 ✭✭

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

what is the clear button user for? I don`t see any use of it.

Best Answers

• ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
    edited October 2013 Answer ✓

This is how the clear button shows up on a profile page:

1. The user posts a new activity message.

2. The new activity post gets copied to the user's info module with a link to clear it. The user info box shows the latest activity post.

Deleting the actual activity post won't remove the latest activity message from the user info box as they are separate.

The clear link lets you remove the latest activity message from the user info box.

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

Answers

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2013

@jeongwee

Welcome to the community!

What version of vanilla are you using?

Since, you seem to be a new member of the community or you would have posted the version of vanilla you are using. I give you a hearty welcome and suggest you post the version of vanilla you are using in all questions you post.

clear is to remove the activity you shared in the share box and removes it from about field and in activity table in vanilla 2.0.18.8 and probably other versions.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• jeongweejeongwee Vanilla version 2.6 ✭✭

always forgot to tell my version :( sry, im 2.1b1.

clear is to remove the activity you shared in the share box and removes it from about field and in activity table in vanilla 2.0.18.8 and probably other versions.

i don get wat is it mean.

its just after i click the clear button,nothing happned,nothing be removed.

• ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
    edited October 2013 Answer ✓

This is how the clear button shows up on a profile page:

1. The user posts a new activity message.

2. The new activity post gets copied to the user's info module with a link to clear it. The user info box shows the latest activity post.

Deleting the actual activity post won't remove the latest activity message from the user info box as they are separate.

The clear link lets you remove the latest activity message from the user info box.

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

its just after i click the clear button,nothing happned,nothing be removed.

Better Check to see if your plugin folder is still there!! (*joke)

• jeongweejeongwee Vanilla version 2.6 ✭✭

lol,it only deleted itself :) i thought it should delete something from activity,that why i asked this = = .